Anands' "Last Bout of 03" , Comedy at it's best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beyondhelp

Newcomer
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1910&p=2

"After testing the GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, we have been very pleasantly surprised by NVIDIA. We mentioned last week that the 5700's new architecture might help to close the gap. In fact, NVIDIA has flipped the tables on ATI in the midrange segment and takes the performance crown with a late round TKO. It was a hard fought battle with many ties, but in the games where the NV36 based card took the performance lead, it lead with the style of a higher end card."

Have a read... While your doing it, can you look for mention of what Nvidia Driver was used cause I sure can't find it.

I have so many "Issues" with this review, I don't know where to start.

Just one example...

They Post scores for the NV cards in Homeworld 2, a game that the RV3xx cards can't run and add this comment...

"Unfortunately, we are still unable to get an RV3xx based card to run Homeworld 2 without crashing. We've tried quite a few workarounds, but so far we've come up empty. This is a known issue, and it is being looked into. The issue that remains on NVIDIA hardware has to do with the software telling the hardware not to do AA even if its turned on in the driver. The developer and NVIDIA are working on this issue as well.,

but when NV cards have "Issues with TR:AOD they don't post the ATI scores but say this this...

"Unfortunately, none of the 128MB NVIDIA solutions we have tried can run TRAOD at 1024x768 under patch v49. Of course, we don't know whether this is a software issue, a driver issue, or a combination of the two. This obviously isn't something we expect from a "The way its meant to be played" game, but we hope NVIDIA and EIDOS will be able to work together to solve this problem, even if we are unable to benchmark with the game as a result.

But they managed to post the Nv scores for a Game ATI couldn't run? Come on! Be Fair! What's "Good for the Goose is Good for the Gander"

In Jedi Knight:JA the 5700 is even beating the 9700Pro?

Typical Anandtech :rolleyes:

I think I'll hold off on running right out and buying one until someone Respectable and Responsable (Hint, hint, Dave or Reverend) does a Review, prefereably a Comparo to put this shit to rest Once and for all.

I've actually been hearing a lot of interesting/drool-worthy things about the 5700...but I agree that Anand's review leaves an awful lot to be desired.

No biggy, who takes Anand seriously anymore anyways? :LOL:

I have more problems with game scores being published when those games display graphical errors/anomalies and/or stuttering. And without any attempt at IQ comparisons, those benchmark scores are worthless IMO.

John Reynolds said:
without any attempt at IQ comparisons, those benchmark scores are worthless IMO.
Pffft, as soon as you see the "Anand's Tech" bit anymore you should know the benchmark scores are worthless. :rolleyes: ;) :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back