An earthquake in Indiana?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Yup, I wondered why the puppies woke me up in the middle of the night barking. Other than that no biggy.

Residents of Northwest Indiana said they felt the earth move early Wednesday morning, as a 3.8 magnitude earthquake hit about 50 miles northwest of Chicago just before 4 a.m.

The one nice thing about living on the East Coast is there's neither earthquake or tornadoes. But I'd trade it all away for decent weather.

Can I just say
"any news that digi dropped his wallet wednesday morning is nothing but malicious gossip"

On the subject of slightly bizarre discussion topics, here's a tip for everybody:
Don't eat 10 green kiwi fruits in a row, unless you love aching, bleeding mucuous membranes in your mouth.

My tongue's still a bit tender from yesterday, oww...

On the subject of slightly bizarre discussion topics, here's a tip for everybody:
Don't eat 10 green kiwi fruits in a row, unless you love aching, bleeding mucuous membranes in your mouth.

My tongue's still a bit tender from yesterday, oww...

Fresh pineapple is pretty nasty too, if you eat a lot of it. it destroys flesh.

The one nice thing about living on the East Coast is there's neither earthquake or tornadoes. But I'd trade it all away for decent weather.

Used to live in NH Connecticut River Valley, and we had the occasional quake/tremors every handful of years or so.. but for the most part I agree. The east (North East) is very "safe",. the area we lived in was actually considered to be rather isolated in the case of nuclear fallout (valley region with river).. but ya gotta watch out for bears and snow snakes.

Oh and on topic, the quake (3.8) was felt here in Chicago too.. apparently it is not associated with the fault line (New Madrid) that caused the earthquake an year and a half ago (5.2) in southern IL. The last "Big One" was 200 years ago and reportedly felt as far away as Boston, MA

For something really freaky check out this: http://www.myforecast.com/bin/earthquake.m
Reported earthquakes for everyday.. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back