An annoying point about [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostsol

Veteran
Any Infinium Labs / Phantom news and they just have to also link to their bitching about it.

Any Futuremark / 3DMark news and they just have to also link to their bitching about it.

Anyone else just like to see news without having to be reminded about their bitching? :?

digitalwanderer said:
Think of it this way; if there was no [H] all their members might be a member of a forum YOU post at! :oops:
Hrm is that so bad?
They're not like Kyle are they?

Edit: can't post be deleted anymore? Where's that option to delete post?

Unit01 said:
Instead of trying to delete post's you've made, why dont you simply 'not post' :?:

Ostsol said:
Any Infinium Labs / Phantom news and they just have to also link to their bitching about it.

Any Futuremark / 3DMark news and they just have to also link to their bitching about it.

Anyone else just like to see news without having to be reminded about their bitching? :?

You fail to understand the nature of all that is [H]ard. ;)

Since for most of its life, Infinium Labs has been defined more on weasely-worded press releases and nonexistent hardware/plans/actual addresses, and FutureMark's stand against the depredations of extensive optimizations on the part of various driver sets was for an extended period of time characterized as pathetic/flaccid/well paid for, these entities of empty words are now forever in [H]indsight relegated to the category of ~s~oft.

As we all know, [H]ard is diametrically opposed to ~s~oft. We could no more expect them to not have an axe to grind than we could expect the hawk to cease preying upon the unsuspecting vole, or some similar metaphor of the natural world that you would prefer.

In all seriousness, the proprietor of Hardocp appears to be person with strong opinions, and I guess it is inevitable that he would harp on those things that go against his likes, probably to degrees that a large number of people wouldn't go to. And Infinium is suing him, so I guess that's also not helping the editorial position.

3dilettante the reason why they don't like futuremark is because at the time (and really still to this day) they were an nvidia slanted site.

They didn't like futuremark because at the time it showed all the flaws in the nv30 that were later pointed out in other dx 9 games .

I don't really see a problem with a site hawking its own articles.

IMHO, of course.

EDIT: it's no worse than going to a news site that has certain words underlined, that go to other articles about said words..

jvd said:
3dilettante the reason why they don't like futuremark is because at the time (and really still to this day) they were an nvidia slanted site.

They didn't like futuremark because at the time it showed all the flaws in the nv30 that were later pointed out in other dx 9 games .

Maybe you're right, it's all becoming a blur to me. It probably lends more credence to the strongly (rational or not, I'm not in the position to say) held opinions position.

micron said:
Unit01 said:
Instead of trying to delete post's you've made, why dont you simply 'not post' :?:
Incase of double post perhaps? Good to know. But then again by your view i guess that's not allowed

Hrm... has this topic been put up because Kyle recently posted on the site? I am being cynical but is this just rabble rousing.

Saem said:
Hrm... has this topic been put up because Kyle recently posted on the site? I am being cynical but is this just rabble rousing.
No, check the dates. This thread was posted well before Kyle posted up his D3 scoop.

The subject comes up from time to time for various reasons and with varying results, it's just a Kyle-thang. :)

zsouthboy said:
EDIT: it's no worse than going to a news site that has certain words underlined, that go to other articles about said words..
At least that's a bit more subtle than: "BTW, here's our bitching about <insert topic here>."

You'll never be bored at [H]ardocp.

They fill a niche well, if you don't like it do not visit. The last time I visited I read the D3 benches and enjoyed the reading, but I do not go there often as they do not have the ideal mox for me.

Well, people either love Kyle, or they hate him. After dealing quite a bit with Kyle, I found that he is a genuinely honest person, and if you don't screw around with him, he won't screw around with you. I think it is actually refreshing to have a site that takes a deliberate stand on some issues, and you can always be assured that HardOCP will call it as they see it (though sometimes they may not see things properly, but they usually rectify this if they find they are wrong).

I have a lot of respect for Kyle, and though I may not always agree with him, I do appreciate where he comes from. If you go up to him and ask him questions in a professional manner, he will treat you the same way. If you go up to him and say, "Hey you SOB, why the hell are you saying this horses**t.", he is going to respond to you in kind.

If I did a story on Infinium Labs that was as in depth as his, and they came around and sued me, I would act in the same manner. I think all of us would.

After dealing quite a bit with Kyle, I found that he is a genuinely honest person, and if you don't screw around with him, he won't screw around with you.
Hey, if you screw around with me, I'd screw around with you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back