Amusement at GameFAQs

Tagrineth

murr
Veteran
The current poll is which November release are you most interested in...

The list... Asheron's Call 2, BMX XXX, Elder Scrolls: Tribunal, 007: NightFire, Marvel v. Capcom 2, MGS2:S, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, MK: Dark Alliance, Phantasy Star GBA, RE0, Shinobi, Sonic MegaCollection, Splinter Cell, and Unreal Championship.

I'm looking at the current results, and, well, I think GCN's going to rocket to stardom REALLY soon.

The highest percent - out of FIFTEEN GAMES - is a stunning 33.7%... for Metroid Prime. :D

Next highest right now are Shinobi (8.4%) and RE0 (7.9%)...

OH, and has anyone played the MP Demo yet? It's true... the graphics are better than most Xbox games, and at a solid 60fps. I swear, some stuff looks like pixel shaders in action... Retro really figured out the TEV it seems.

GameFAQs has a very skewed readership from what I've seen as a regular visitor to the forums. I don't think they're a good sample of gamers, at all...

I think the Nintendo fanbase has people who's sole responsibility is to watch for internet polls and then send the word out across internet forums when one comes up. I mean, we're talking Trekki calibur fanboys here.

edit: The Metroid commercials have been running for a while, and I'm still not detecting any mainstream hype surrounding the game. I predict high software sales, but I seriously doubt it'll set the hardware charts on fire.

Ozymandis said:
GameFAQs has a very skewed readership from what I've seen as a regular visitor to the forums. I don't think they're a good sample of gamers, at all...

Which is interesting because Vice City and Kingdom Hearts are at the top of the most-viewed info lists.

Well Vice City is a given. As for Kingdom Hearts, Gamefaqs has always been a haven for Squaresoft fans, so even a crappy game like Kingdom Hearts recieves a lot of exposure there so long as it has the Squaresoft brand.

Honestly, if the polls at Gamefaqs were an accurate way of gauging how well something is going to be recieved, then the Xbox would have sold all of about 5 units at launch. :p

Honestly, if the polls at Gamefaqs were an accurate way of gauging how well something is going to be recieved, then the Xbox would have sold all of about 5 units at launch.

I'm with Mr.Angry Here. GameFAQs is definitely not the home of Xbox fans.

Tagrineth said:
Ozymandis said:

Which is interesting because Vice City and Kingdom Hearts are at the top of the most-viewed info lists.

So is Phantasy Star Online. I wouldn't expect sales to correlate, however.

Skewed indeed. I think one of their previous polls concerning what Xbox game are you anticipating the most out of such and such list (which included some big-name, highly anticipated titles) also included an option for "None of these", which was winning by a very large margin.

Back