Amnesia: Rebirth

gotta catch my breath again to play another terror title, after completing Alien Isolation twice -darn, what a game, I love it but it distressed me quite immensely-.

gotta catch my breath again to play another terror title, after completing Alien Isolation twice -darn, what a game, I love it but it distressed me quite immensely-.
Good work on Alien Isolation!

Whatever you do don't buy into VR and try playing Exorcist Legion, Paranormal Activity, Dreadhalls, Kobold, Alien Isolation MotherVR, or Penumbra Overture VR. Or Alyx for that matter because it's quite horror orientated, and it includes an Amnesia-style segment. ;):runaway: <-that's me bashing the controllers into the ceiling/walls.

Last edited:

I liked both the Penumbra series, Amnesia, Outlast and Alien Isolation, but I'm a bit torn regarding the "get seen and it's game over" gameplay in these games. Getting a flamethrower in Alien opened up the game a bit for me.

I actually played Alien for the first time this year, on the hardest default mode, then the DLC on Easy, because I was burnt out on the gameplay.

I liked both the Penumbra series, Amnesia, Outlast and Alien Isolation, but I'm a bit torn regarding the "get seen and it's game over" gameplay in these games. Getting a flamethrower in Alien opened up the game a bit for me.

I actually played Alien for the first time this year, on the hardest default mode, then the DLC on Easy, because I was burnt out on the gameplay.
The Alien in Alien Isolation is the only probably-dead-if-seen situation there really though :)

The "no enemies" mod for A:I is an interesting, new experience. I thought it was a bit ridiculous that even all the humans were completely homicidal in A:I. But I did beat that game on the full selection of difficulties. And got the "100 deaths by alien" achievement heh.

I finished this yesterday. Anyone else playing it? I thought it was pretty great. The story kept me interested and the gameplay/setting certainly has its unique aspects. It's a bit like a mix of Soma and Amnesia Dark Descent, with lots of references to Dark Descent since it's set in that universe.

Back