America's Army

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Todd33, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Todd33

Veteran Banned

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/06/americas_army_t.html

I personally think the 360 has enough military shooters and PC ports. I also dislike the not to subtle way the US Army is using video games to lure impressionable teens into it's ranks.

Maybe it will have a good offline campaign too.

2. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

First AA was a great multiplayer game.

As far as being a realistic tactical shooter, its miles better than R6:V (which is basically an arcade shooter, slightly more realistic than Doom). Im definately looking forward to this.

Now, somebody port over Armed Assault or whatever its called (spiritual sequel to operation flashpoint) and im happy

3. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

Isn't there another forum for politics?

4. Todd33

Veteran Banned

I'm pretty sure my post was about a console game, despite it being sponsored by the Army. Doesn't seem that non-gaming opinions are not welcome according to this thread.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=41981

5. chroniceyestrain

Newcomer

Agreed. This is a recruitment tool that I pay for with my tax dollars. This better be free :smile:

6. tha_con

Banned

Looks pretty good, but is it PC / 360 exclusive only? That would seem likely, since the Army wouldn't likely spend money to develop a Wii / PS3 game, lol.

I personally like that the army is reaching out to videogames, since so many parents seem to look down on the military, even though we are the living breathing reason they can look down on us.

Since kids are too sissy to step up and do what people before them have done, why not sucker them into a good career with great benefits and an exciting work environment? It's not like they'll actually enjoy pushing numbers as an accountant, or working late away from their family as a lawyer or doctor. :roll:

7. Diamond.G

Regular

AFAIK the first one is free. I am not sure if the Army has anything to do with the second one. I imagine that if they did (the Army that is) it would be more of a consulting than what the first one was.

8. chroniceyestrain

Newcomer

The Army has licensed UE3, so I think they're doing more than just consulting.

9. Diamond.G

Regular

Well the PC version is still free, dunno if the new version will be though.

10. Rangers

Legend

I think these screens look pretty awesome. Of course, noone will ever buy this game with the flood of big name FPS hitting this fall, but I think it looks nice, for some reason.

11. chroniceyestrain

Newcomer

I just remembered that there was a version released for Xbox and PS2 and it was not free, so I doubt that this will be free. I'm not even sure if the Army is funding this anymore.