AMD Ryzen 6000 series APU

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Unfortunately no one has made a direct head 2 head with the exact same TDP, but ETA PRIME videos have some with pretty close ones

Here's the screenshot comparing them
  • 6600u 43w = 102fps
  • 6800U 41w = 99 fps
  • 6800u 25w = 78 fps
Again, I'm reminding to anyone reading this, that this is not a head 2 head comparison. So different scenes in the game, different TDP.

6600u is a bit faster than 6800u but it was served with a bit higher TDP too.

Currently I have not found anyone doing head 2 head tests with the same TDP. I'm curious whether 6600u actually not that much slower than 6800u with the same TDP.

Few games can use the extra cores, presumably you could just force the cores into a very low power state permanently and get almost the same results down the board.

IMHO you need to find an application/game to stress by a whole lot more the iGPU.

Yeah, need someone to do a proper head 2 head in the same TDP.

As currently it's a mess. Manufacturer X model Y variant Z can be using amd 6000 series with any TDP.

Like the new asus zenbook where it only provide around 23w for 6800u for sustained use, making it slower than a lenovo with 6600u that allows sustain higher tdp

Have they bothered to build one as fast as the PS4 yet? Seems like no looking at the Wikpedia list of APUs.

Have they bothered to build one as fast as the PS4 yet? Seems like no looking at the Wikpedia list of APUs.
PS4 sits at 18CUs at 0.8GHZ with max 176 GB/s. Rembrandt sits at 12CUs at 2.2GHz with max 100 GB/s (LPDDR5 6.4Gbps).
So it has 83% more compute. Raw memory bandwidth is behind, but new architectural features contributing to bandwidth efficiency since GCN2 can probably make up for some of it (GL1, larger GL2, DSBR, NGG, RB+, DCC).

Back