AMD RDNA3 Specifications Discussion Thread

That Ryzen moment for GPUs is kinda telling on the situation, it might be their great chance.
I'm really looking forward to competition in the coming months and years. With Ryzen, AMD definitely was right on the money and also would have been, if Intel had not royally f**ked up execution at the same time. Because of the latter though, the effects AMD's move would have had in a normal competitive landscape was hard to fathom and we'll probably be witnessing it now in graphics.

I'm really looking forward to competition in the coming months and years. With Ryzen, AMD definitely was right on the money and also would have been, if Intel had not royally f**ked up execution at the same time. Because of the latter though, the effects AMD's move would have had in a normal competitive landscape was hard to fathom and we'll probably be witnessing it now in graphics.
Jensen is not going to fuck up things

Agreed, we've entered the time where their next products have more substantial funding instead of a shoestring budget so I'm excited to see what they can come up with. N33 for example looks like it'll be roughly 1.4-1.5x perf using a smaller die than N23, same CU count and increasing efficiency similarly, doubling Navi 10's efficiency with arch improvements, an improved node and similar transistor count. That's a fantastic achievment if it's remotely true and really exciting for the future, shame we don't have a full potential N31 though

Last edited:
I am just wondering why the decrease in infinity cache.

The low clockspeeds and giant increase to RAM bandwidth obviate any huge need for a giant cache, there's probably enough bandwidth to go around as is.

Maybe with a 7950 there'll be a 192mb cache, pushing 3+ghz should see bandwidth become a more needed resource as they can only bump ram up 20%, while pushing clockspeeds as much as 33% or more.

I am just wondering why the decrease in infinity cache.

The Anandtech article briefly mentions it.

While we’re on the subject of AMD’s L3 Infinity Cache, it’s notable here that it’s actually a bit smaller on Big Navi 3x than it was on Navi 21, with a maximum capacity of 96MB versus 128MB on the former. According to AMD they’ve made further improvements to improve data reuse on the Infinity Cache to offset this drop in capacity. At this point it’s not clear if the change is a function of software algorithms, or if they’ve made more fundamental hardware changes.

Sam doesn't look a good presenter, in fact he looks a bit bored ? withdrawn ?
He is the exact presenter everyone wished they had at work... someone who actually knows what he is talking about. Have you interacted with engineers or people in IT before?
If anything, the only time I get that is when he doesn't know if he should be talking to the camera or Steve.

Edit- Rewatching, Sam's active listening makes him look like he is looking off at nothing, that is him clearing his head to actually listen to the question and understand what is being asked.
I can tell you that from experience since I do it all the time when I'm asked a very technical question.

#1- He isn't a presenter, he is an Engineer doing a Q/A. So he is active listening, queuing up the answers in his head to make sure he is answering everything that is asked to his best ability, then dumbing if down for regular people to understand and doing it without sounding condescending.
#2- Him taking the time to talk and explain things like a teacher is him giving you his full attention.
#3- To be fair, he probably is a bit bored and possibly nervous but he is doing what was asked of him.

Had to take the DISC assement recently and most of the engineers I've worked with are mainly high "C" personalities, with most "workers" leaning towards "S" and most managers/upper-level leaning towards D.
May have been the two guys that were mainly responsible for the hiring were just looking for people similar to them but still... at least where I am at, it is pretty telling.
5f2c49b526e8686934d97e11_yiVCv8qi4A3VTqk2d8LlJIxH6RyTb7W8waXmt0ZGba_o6nMwLRM_r5J8st4izzgC4ZGuF1-RSnnXJIwhSxxIiYvRHSrZTYAKLD7tY1a4iP__6bAoKUu3uFGCH_Nue_ZT_QCHjlHG.png

Last edited:
He is the exact presenter everyone wished they had at work... someone who actually knows what he is talking about. Have you interacted with engineers or people in IT before?
If anything, the only time I get that is when he doesn't know if he should be talking to the camera or Steve.

Edit- Rewatching, Sam's active listening makes him look like he is looking off at nothing, that is him clearing his head to actually listen to the question and understand what is being asked.
I can tell you that from experience since I do it all the time when I'm asked a very technical question.

#1- He isn't a presenter, he is an Engineer doing a Q/A. So he is active listening, queuing up the answers in his head to make sure he is answering everything that is asked to his best ability, then dumbing if down for regular people to understand and doing it without sounding condescending.
#2- Him taking the time to talk and explain things like a teacher is him giving you his full attention.
#3- To be fair, he probably is a bit bored and possibly nervous but he is doing what was asked of him.

Had to take the DISC assement recently and most of the engineers I've worked with are mainly high "C" personalities, with most "workers" leaning towards "S" and most managers/upper-level leaning towards D.
May have been the two guys that were mainly responsible for the hiring were just looking for people similar to them but still... at least where I am at, it is pretty telling.
5f2c49b526e8686934d97e11_yiVCv8qi4A3VTqk2d8LlJIxH6RyTb7W8waXmt0ZGba_o6nMwLRM_r5J8st4izzgC4ZGuF1-RSnnXJIwhSxxIiYvRHSrZTYAKLD7tY1a4iP__6bAoKUu3uFGCH_Nue_ZT_QCHjlHG.png
Agree with your assessment and at least to me, they way he was presenting and answering questions is much more preferred to more marketing oriented people.

PS. That disc ... I can claim all the letters, depending on the day :D

Back