AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

@ToTTenTranz To many threads I'd have to weave into the conspiracy to believe it, or care about believing it. I'm not familiar with the editor to know the differences between editor performance and optimizations vs game performance and optimization, but I'm not going to "count on the same happening with RT" without believing in the conspiracy first.

So is this because the game isn't rendering right or is this what the performance will be like ?

6800rtwatchdogs4kyajto.png

But they first announced that woud have not worked at launch. Now it is this way because Cyberpunk was postponed again to mid December. Only to say things like this happen all the time - especially with the "sponsorship". Also Godfall is a DXR game and will work with Nvidia... In the next patch or two. Not like Wolfenstein: Youngblood which uses NV proprietary Vulkan extensions.

So reading all these reviews do you guys think they would have done much better with reviews and impressions if they did

$600 6800xt and $500 6800 ?

So reading all these reviews do you guys think they would have done much better with reviews and impressions if they did

$600 6800xt and $500 6800 ?

Well of course. Vanilla 6800 Btw is not looking as the good bangs for the buck with the actual pricing, too. We know it is because of the 16 Gig of VRAM but it definitely would have looked better with a 40-50$ lower price.

But they first announced that woud have not worked at launch. Now it is this way because Cyberpunk was postponed again to mid December. Only to say things like this happen all the time - especially with the "sponsorship". Also Godfall is a DXR game and will work with Nvidia... In the next patch or two. Not like Wolfenstein: Youngblood which uses NV proprietary Vulkan extensions.

Why does Godfall need a patch to work on Nvidia if it's DXR?

Wolfenstein Youngblood uses proprietary Vulkan extensions for ray tracing because the vendor neutral extensions for ray tracing were not available. The only way to do ray tracing in Vulkan at the time was the Nvidia extension.

Because optimization needed to run it well, of course

Wolfenstein Youngblood uses proprietary Vulkan extensions for ray tracing because the vendor neutral extensions for ray tracing were not available. The only way to do ray tracing in Vulkan at the time was the Nvidia extension.

But they did not issue a patch for implementing standard extensions so far (which came out in March), and they did not announce the intention to do it. So you point is?

They likely have many rt optimizations that will not work on Nvidia gpu's, ie amdrtshadows.dll
At launch, there is no raytracing support in Godfall, but the developer will add that functionality in a later patch. I did spot an "amdrtshadows.dll" in the game's files, let's hope this won't turn out to be an AMD exclusive feature. While playing, I've seen lots of reflections, I guess the developer is trying to show off the "raytracing" capabilities on PlayStation 5. Too bad these are just screenspace reflections and not raytraced at all; they still look nice because of some post-processing magic and smart level design.

Last edited:
Is Wolfenstein Youngblood popular enough to go back and pay to develop a patch for a new api extension? I doubt it. The game bombed.

The game sold pretty well, so I assume it is still quite popular. Moreover, it would not be a great deal to support the standard extensions, it's not like they have to change the game engine. And this would have been a good advertisement.

Back