AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6600 XT, RX 6700 XT, RX 6800, 6800 XT, 6900 XT) [2020-10-28, 2021-03-03]

Discussion in 'Architecture and Products' started by BRiT, Oct 28, 2020.

1. DegustatoR

Veteran

There's like two settings which go up to "psycho", and I think the name is there for a reason.

Lightman likes this.
  2. troyan

Regular Newcomer

Same one my 3090. "Raytracing reflections" is cheaper than this setting...

PSman1700, pharma and Lightman like this.
  3. CarstenS

Legend Veteran Subscriber

Seems like it. Better not touch it up to „pyscho“

4. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

I've played original Crysis on Radeon HD 3850 at max. quality running staggering 7-15FPS and it didn't deter my enthusiast to finish game enjoying glorious graphics, so I will not back down from Psycho where it still maintains 30+ FPS in heavy scenes ;)

Kej, pharma, fellix and 2 others like this.
  5. Man from Atlantis

Regular

RT Psycho enables RTGI in the game

PSman1700, HLJ, pharma and 2 others like this.
  6. CarstenS

You, Sir, have my utmost respect for doing what I couldn't. Instead, I've waited with my playthrough at max settings until more capable hardware was available. In all it's glory, Crysis almost seemed like a different game to me.

pharma and Lightman like this.
  7. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Putas, pharma and TheAlSpark like this.
  8. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

They should put a warning "Have you a Hopper / RDNA 3 gpu ?" when enabling psycho settings :D

9. OlegSH

Regular Newcomer

Don't forget, they also shamelessly overexerting RT functionalities in Cyberpunk:roll:
    Instead of adding next gen graphics features, which many entusiast will be glad to use earlier or later, they should have integrated benchmark in the game and do some DX12 magic so that 3070 would beat 6800 XT

PSman1700 and pharma like this.
  10. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

Well at least CD Project Red killed the:
    "But can it run Crysis?" meme.
    We have a new replacement for years to come...I see that as a good thing, instead of bad console ports

11. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

PSman1700, Jawed, tinokun and 2 others like this.
  12. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

Today I've received a call from eBuyer in UK that they have got a number of XFX Merc319 cards. At a time I spoke with my contact there, they still had 4 of them for sale, but the price of almost £800 was a bit off-putting. Still, at least cards are starting to roll in :)

On another, more important note (to me ha!), this has arrived today!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

:) :D

13. sniffy

Newcomer

Nope. I'm running the Ultra RT preset (all RT enabled except RTGI) at 1440p and with DLSS Balanced I'm anywhere between 40-60fps. I haven't even gone through Alex's guide yet. No way am I turning off RT in this of all games. Turing RT is fine, only MLID and people who bought into his nonsense ever thought otherwise.

14. CarstenS

Fun fact (and probably a gazillion times mentioned already, sry): CP2077 does not allow RT on a GeForce GTX 1080, albeit the driver exposes the software layer as proven by 3DMark etc. So it's a whitelisting approach.

15. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Is it possible that some flag somewhere indicate if it is software rt, or hardware rt ?

16. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

Yes, but then AMD cards would just work too. Since RT doesn't work for AMD, it's pretty safe to assume they're using whitelist to allow RT on the cards they pick.

Lightman and Rootax like this.
  17. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran

How could it be otherwise, if the game doesn't enable RT on RDNA2 cards? It's definitely not a matter of performance, since I'm pretty sure a RX 6800XT will run better than a 2060 Max-Q at raytracing.

Seems to me that we'll only see decent RT on AMD cards sometime after CDPR launches the proper PS5 and Series versions.
    At the moment, CDPR "only" launched the nvidia-co-engineered PC version and the 8th-gen consoles' version.
    According to what I've seen so far, it seems the PS5 version is running PS4 Pro code and the SeriesX is running OneX code, i.e. there's no RDNA2 optimization, nor RT implementation for any RDNA2 GPU out there.

Gamers with a RDNA2 GPU should wait for the proper patches before starting to play Cyberpunk, IMO.

Lightman and NightAntilli like this.
  18. Leovinus

Newcomer

It's going to be interesting to see how they adapt their RT solutions. I'm only a layman, but seeing what needs to be reworked, cut, or simply ported over for optimal compatibility will be fun to study.

In the longer run I'm looking forward to seeing what best-practices develop to support AMD and Nvidia RT solutions optimally for ease of development and cross-compatibility. And what practical differences we'll see for the games that focus on either architecture (as in what, if any, different solutions/visual design cues become predominant considerations with developers as they focus on one architecture over the other).

Lightman and ToTTenTranz like this.
  19. trinibwoy

trinibwoy Meh
    Legend

What do you mean? 3DMark RT didn’t work on my 1080.

20. PSman1700

Legend Newcomer

Which doesnt say much. You do need DLSS if you want to run RT thats going to matter on a 2060. I shared a yt video somewhere here about the performances.

The console versions wont even be close to the pc versions fidelity/immersion in special ray tracing.

Nah, no conspiracy going on. RDNA2 and Ampere (6800/3070 for example) stack up nicely in normal rasterization, with Ampere performing somewhat better. Since RNDA2 RT is subpar its where it falls apart, aside from reconstruction tech and higher resolutions to an extend.

You wont get the same immersion as a high end pc on your PS5, its what it is. AMD GPUs like the 6800XT will probably do much better then the PS5 since it has double the amount of power available to aid RT (and everything else), cause thats how it works on RDNA2 GPUs. Also, IC might help out quite abit. This isnt a game you'd want to 'enjoy' at dynamic resolutions that dip below 1440p.

#1840 PSman1700, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    pharma likes this.