AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
People.

I can't point my finger at exact people, that would be very indecent of me.

Yeah, but that's just JEDEC spec, not the actual parts available from DRAM vendors.
Samsung at least claims to start mass producing 16 GB 3.2 Gbps stacks during first half of this year.

Samsung at least claims to start mass producing 16 GB 3.2 Gbps stacks during first half of this year.

And it would be rather concerning to their investors if they announced something but then couldn't match the clocks by a whopping 33%.

People.

I can't point my finger at exact people, that would be very indecent of me.

I hope you understand that it's really hard to take your statements seriously if this is all you're willing to say.

It's all a lie, people have told me.
-
anonymous internet user

I hope you understand that it's really hard to take your statements seriously if this is all you're willing to say.
You're not supposed to.
Just keep it in mind and don't make a surprised face when 3.2/2.8Gbps parts never materialize in vendor sheets or shipping products.
They have responsibility for their shareholders, they can't just spurt out outright lies as press releases.
There are about a bazillion ways to claim shipping for revenue while being featured in 0 HVM products.
C'mon, this is business.

Last edited:
From @PSman1700 tweet:
rGt8JO5.jpg

Samsung says Ice Bolt will be able to, of course not today. :)
Is Ice Bolt the next after Flashbolt? Samsung says Flashbolt would get to 4.2 Gbps eventually, but they're only planning to get 3.2 Gbps to mass production H1/2020

Yeah, hence why this is bullshit.
You seriously need to bring something more than just your word to the table on this.
This actually sounds awfully lot like "Vega can't have 16GB mem because no-one makes 8GB stacks". Except that someone did and Vega did get 16GB (Frontier Edition, consumer models of course had just 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back