AMD GPU Shader Analyser v1.3

You should have let us know on launch, only noticed today that they were out! :smile: Is there a developer mailing list I should be on to get told when new tools updates show up?

You should have let us know on launch, only noticed today that they were out! :smile: Is there a developer mailing list I should be on to get told when new tools updates show up?

The website was only updated today. I was keeping quiet until the press release went out but since you'd spotted it I thought I could comment.

GP.

The website was only updated today. I was keeping quiet until the press release went out but since you'd spotted it I thought I could comment.

GP.
Doh, my mistake then, thought they'd been out for a little while already (because of the date in the filename on the GPUSA installer). I'll throw out the full PR when it shows up too :D

No support for Cg? Is that definite or is that because I've not installed NVidia stuff (since I reinstalled Windows a few weeks back :cry: )?

Jawed

I could have sworn Cg worked in GPUSA 1.1, so I thought I'd check if it was removed deliberately.

Because of the recent XP reinstall I haven't got 1.1 installed (was waiting for this new one :smile: ) which is why I'm unsure if Cg used to work.

Jawed

Cg was never in there. I'm not even sure AMD could legally put Cg support in there. But your Cg shader may very well have also been a valid HLSL shader since the syntax is pretty much the same and thus compiled fine.

Cg was never in there. I'm not even sure AMD could legally put Cg support in there. But your Cg shader may very well have also been a valid HLSL shader since the syntax is pretty much the same and thus compiled fine.

I thought Cg's marketing has always been as non-vendor-specific...

The NVIDIA Cg Toolkit is the best way to take advantage of today's GPUs across multiple platforms and APIs. Now supporting OpenGL's ARB_vertex_program and ARB_fragment_program extensions, the compiler allows developers to create advanced visual effects for today's programmable GPUs from NVIDIA and other vendors.

Cg also comes with a suite of complementary tools, including plug-ins for artists (supporting Maya, 3ds max, and Softimage|XSI), runtime libraries, comprehensive documentation, and hundreds of shader examples.

The latest NVIDIA Cg Toolkit is designed to be your one-stop solution for shader development.

I thought Cg's marketing has always been as non-vendor-specific...

Of course, that's what they want people to believe. In reality it's highly tuned for their hardware and sometimes generate invalid shaders that break on other vendors. It's clearly not in AMD's interest to support Cg in any shape or form.

Back