AMD FSR antialiasing discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 90741
  • Start date
TSR has quite terrible ghosting and the end presentation always seemed way too blurry in motion. I never understood why people seemed to like it so much. Ratchet and Clank's TAAU is perhaps the only one I would say is great?

It really wasn't a given that FSR 2 would end up as well as it did.
It really was a given because anything less would be a failure not worthy of launching. FSR2 is very likely to have similar issues as TSR does on content and/or rendering approaches which don't fit it's algorithm ideally. Hence why we need to look at more titles before saying things like "DLSS killer" etc. But it's YouTube crowd so...

That is a game specific presentation that has no bearing whatsoever on FSR 2 beside some performance numbers, your original post is a complete fabrication on your part, none of the Arkane developers or AMD deveopers claimed this.
Which is why it was posted on AMD's YouTube channel right? I wonder what the presenter talks about from 40:40.

Calling me a liar when the evidence is handed to you on a silver platter is quite something.

It really was a given because anything less would be a failure not worthy of launching. FSR2 is very likely to have similar issues as TSR does on content and/or rendering approaches which don't fit it's algorithm ideally. Hence why we need to look at more titles before saying things like "DLSS killer" etc. But it's YouTube crowd so...
I can't think of any scenario where it didn't horribly ghost in motion. Bright, dark, high contrast, low contrast. I really doubt it's related to art style.

Arkane Lyon was our primary integration partner for FSR 2. They were incredibly helpful with their feedback and iterating on integrations with us. While we're working with a large number of studios to integrate FSR 2 into their new titles or updates, this initial, exclusive release of FSR 2 on Deathloop was designed to reflect our amazing partnership.

Arkane Lyon was our primary integration partner for FSR 2. They were incredibly helpful with their feedback and iterating on integrations with us. While we're working with a large number of studios to integrate FSR 2 into their new titles or updates, this initial, exclusive release of FSR 2 on Deathloop was designed to reflect our amazing partnership.

Explains alot, thanks for sharing.

That is a game specific presentation that has no bearing whatsoever on FSR 2 beside some performance numbers, your original post is a complete fabrication on your part, none of the Arkane developers or AMD deveopers claimed this.
Your imagination on SW development is nowhere near reality.

Having open source alternative to DLSS benefits all of us, except Nvidia. Now NV can't charge premium for this SW feature.

And in simple words for David: cheaper GPU cards men.

Is the development of FSR fixed, or there will be next iteration ?
I mean, do you have dedicated team , or there is a bus factor involved and one dev leaves company and you are doomed ;)))

Yeah...no. Open source alternative to DLSS? good. Is it leading to cheaper GPU prices? no.
I can't believe GPUs haven't dropped in price the day FSR2 was released! I mean c'mon!

Amusement aside, this means nothing for Nvidia. They're like Apple and live in a vacuum. They're not going to drop Tensors nor change their DLSS. They're certainly not going to drop their prices LOL

I can't believe GPUs haven't dropped in price the day FSR2 was released! I mean c'mon!

Amusement aside, this means nothing for Nvidia. They're like Apple and live in a vacuum. They're not going to drop Tensors nor change their DLSS. They're certainly not going to drop their prices LOL
Why would they do anything of that anyway? Ampere isn't massively more complex than RDNA2 despite having tensor units which allow them to sell the same h/w for ML markets. It's basically free for gamers anyway, and the pricing is influenced by apples-to-apples benchmarks more than anything else.

And it still remains to be seen how good FSR2 will work across many titles. People here seem to be fast to forget that there are many bad DLSS integrations and I don't see why this will be avoided with a completely free solution provided with MIT license (meaning zero owner control over how it is integrated).

Why would they do anything of that anyway? Ampere isn't massively more complex than RDNA2 despite having tensor units which allow them to sell the same h/w for ML markets. It's basically free for gamers anyway, and the pricing is influenced by apples-to-apples benchmarks more than anything else.
I agree, but people remember the RTX tax for Turning and things like FSR2 make people question the added components like Tensors which have limited use in gaming. It definitely made sense for Nvidia for their commercial products but gamers don't care.

I agree, but people remember the RTX tax for Turning and things like FSR2 make people question the added components like Tensors which have limited use in gaming. It definitely made sense for Nvidia for their commercial products but gamers don't care.
That "RTX tax for Turing" never really existed anywhere outside of 2080Ti. Gamers should start to care because they do look like idiots more often than not these days.

FSR 2.0 looks like a really nice option. Happy to have more games with quality upscaling. Upscaling for me is always the best option. If I can get a huge performance improvement with 95% of the image quality, I'll take it.

Heck, at "quality", it looks 105% of native, with faster performance

Your imagination on SW development is nowhere near reality.

Having open source alternative to DLSS benefits all of us, except Nvidia. Now NV can't charge premium for this SW feature.

And in simple words for David: cheaper GPU cards men.

DLSS is free and takes a minute to implement. How exactly is AMD making GPUs cheaper with an inferior solution?

DLSS is free and takes a minute to implement. How exactly is AMD making GPUs cheaper with an inferior solution?
Aside from quick plugin integration, which is no doubt coming to FSR 2.0 too just like it came to DLSS, how exactly is it supposed to be inferior this time? The fact it doesn't say "NVIDIA" on it doesn't count as a reason.

IIRC it took NVIDIA about two years from DLSS launch and a year from 2.x launch to get the plugin ready.

Without the plugin option (aka use something other than recent UE or Unity) it's not job done in minutes.

Inferior = Slower and worse quality.

And it took nVidia so long because they have done the whole work alone and from the start. Where was AMD 2 1/2 years ago?

Back