AMD Execution Thread [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the NVIDIA stream related to AMD execution, though?

Disappointed in just R7 5800X3D, I was planning to update from R7 3700X to 5900X3D. Guess I need to start looking for used 5900X or something
Do you know if Zen 4 will also ship with VCache as well?

And I'd also be dropping from 12 cores to 8 cores if I make the switch.

What happened to CVML in Rembrandt? I can't believe AMD still does not take AI seriously. Even Intel got matrix acceleration now.

This is going to bite them in the butt real bad in the future.

What happened to CVML in Rembrandt?
It exists.
One of those MS-asked-and-they've-done-it thingies.
I can't believe AMD still does not take AI seriously
Client ML is a joke in case you didn't notice it.
Even Intel got matrix acceleration now.
They have a funny DSP for quite some gens now and not a single soul really used it despite Intel being (formerly) the market.
Oh RDNA3 will give you seizures then.
I assure you.

What happened to CVML in Rembrandt? I can't believe AMD still does not take AI seriously. Even Intel got matrix acceleration now.

AMD has had matrix accelerators for couple gens now on the market where they see them relevant

Edit: not sure if related, but Rembrandt does have "AI noise cancellation" which could refer to some sort accelerator, though it is said to be part of the audio processor rather than separate accelerator or somesuch

Last edited:
Laptop: 19 products (10 CPU, 9 GPU)
Desktop: 3 products (1 CPU, 1 retail & 1 OEM only GPU), 2 teases (1 CPU, 1 platform)
8 minutes is generous if you think about what they released
Oh you're absolutely spot-on and you'll have no argument from me.

Hence my bitching and moaning :)

Client ML is a joke in case you didn't notice it.
Oh, how could I? I am too busy playing with Nvidia Canvas right now.

In case you haven't noticed, there's already a dozen useful features in creative apps that make use of ML inference running on tensor cores. https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/studio/software/

Seriously, ML will even further impact gaming and consumer software in the future. DLSS is just the beginning and it already proves how extremly useful ML in gaming is. Just look at the countless papers, the implications of having ML inference in real time in gaming are there.

I am deeply disappointed AMD still does not take matrix acceleration seriously and I don't get it. I can only hope the next gen consumer CPUs and GPUs will have them. Otherwise, AMD will never be an option again for me. And I'm very certain I'm not alone.

However, I do think RDNA3 will incorporate matrix accelerators, because AMD have seen now how important they are, for gamers and content creators alike. FSR is pretty useless in comparison to DLSS and XeSS and I'm certain we will get a true XeSS/DLSS alternative with their next gen cards.

God I just love NV marketing blurbs and so should you.
Wrong thread tho.
am too busy playing with Nvidia Canvas right now.
Cute gimmick.
In case you haven't noticed, there's already a dozen useful features in creative apps that make use of ML inference running on tensor cores.
The what.
How is this even remotely mainstream?
ML will even further impact gaming and consumer software in the future
The what.
It's been 4 years since everyone and their mommy bolted on GEMM blobs into phone SoCs which amounted to...
...hell yeah nothing just like I love it.
AMD still does not take matrix acceleration seriously
They do, in CDNA.
I can only hope the next gen consumer CPUs and GPUs will have them.
Lmaooooooooo.
Otherwise, AMD will never be an option again for me
You think they care?
I do think RDNA3 will incorporate matrix accelerators
Oh no.
It'll be a bad 2022 for you.
because AMD have seen now how important they are
Yes in training farms and exascale machines.
for gamers and content creators alike
Who.
You don't need ML blob to roll gacha or play Fortnite.
I'm certain we will get a true XeSS/DLSS alternative with their next gen cards
You mean a TAA replacement?
Maybe if the market feels like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back