AMD "Do You Dare/Black"

ShaidarHaran

hardware monkey
Veteran
Any idea what this is all about? They already have "Black" edition X2s, and it's too early for Phenom or any major GPU introduction (short of the 2900 Pro & GT, but I fail to see why they would be branded "Black"). Rather confusing, and I'm sure ultimately quite meaningless but it's a mystery so it just has to be solved. Damn marketing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea what this is all about? They already have "Black" edition X2s, and it's too early for Phenom or any major GPU introduction (short of the 2900 Pro & GT, but I fail to see why they would be braned "Black"). Rather confusing, and I'm sure ultimately quite meaningless but it's a mystery so it just has to be solved. Damn marketing...

Interesting. An odd coincidence is the fact that the Crysis demo is slated for the 25th...although that's a TWIMTBP title, so I don't know how likely it is for AMD to have something related to that.

Hehe,

Dare to feel your heart pound, your pulse race, and your breath catch in your throat? To open yourself up for a jolt of sheer adrenaline that just might eat you alive? To bring home a beast that’s leaping and snarling on the end of its leash?

Like Mother Nature, AMD has a dark side — and on September 25, 2007
it will be revealed to the world.

So what it really comes down to is, do you dare?

Okay, I dare!:)

Changed my mind

Anand comenting on delay of X38 motherbaord chipset

". We just hope retail boards make it in time for the launch date; if not, we will have a lot of nice graphics to look at and will then move on to a very interesting product launch from the guys in green on the 25th."

So it is a motherboard and likely to be RD790 I think

Changed my mind

Anand comenting on delay of X38 motherbaord chipset

". We just hope retail boards make it in time for the launch date; if not, we will have a lot of nice graphics to look at and will then move on to a very interesting product launch from the guys in green on the 25th."

So it is a motherboard and likely to be RD790 I think

That makes sense. I was wondering when we'd see RD790. That implies Phenom should be on its heels shortly.

So it's September 25th... Did they forget to make their announcement or what? Jerkfaces :mad: Had me all excited when I woke up this morning, now I have to wait until some lazy PR or web jockey wakes up :sleep:

Back