AMD card/drivers are fine, I had a corrupted Silverlight installation

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Babel-17, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

I've posted in a couple of threads about my woes in getting the Netflix app under Metro in Windows 8/8.1 to work.

It now seems likely that the cause of my woes with Netflix were due to my installation of Silverlight to have rotted.

Out of the blue I wasn't able to use Amazon Instant Video and so I ran through their checklist of things to do. One of the last things to do was this.

I now had my Amazon Instant Video back and, feeling on to something, I tried Netflix again and I was now successful in using it.

I had googled this problem and I wasn't alone. Hopefully people will stumble on this fix by googling.

2. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

Thanks for clearing that up and great that you finally resolved your issue :smile:

3. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

P.S. The HTTPS Everywhere addon for Firefox
    also caused me a problem at Amazon. I had to change that up to get the videos to play.