AMD / ATI Catalyst 13.4 WHQL

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Kaotik, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Davros

Legend

windows media player has visualizations for audio files wouldn't that work ?

2. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

If they were hardware accelerated then I'd think so, I'd expect the HDMI audio to be ok. XVID's, for example, aren't known for using hardware acceleration with current AMD cards.

I use Afterburner to check my speeds.

Edit: Just checked, WMP doesn't seem to bump my cards speeds when I turn visualizations on.

Ha, all this testing has me listening to a lot of Milla's demos. Some good stuff in there. "You Keep Me Here" is pretty solid. http://www.millaj.com/music/index.shtml and scroll down.

#22 Babel-17, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  3. Davros

Legend

any word from amd imho this is a fundamental error. Did it never occur to anyone at amd that people listen to audio without video ?

4. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

Well it definitely isn't happening with all driver sets (or all people)
    I can confirm that at least for me, one of the 13.3 beta sets work with audio only, as well as 13.5 beta 2.

5. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

I'm hoping that the 13.3 betas reflect that AMD got a handle on this and that the 13.4's, because they were sent off for MS WHQL certification, couldn't get the fix.

Hoping. :)

Then I can hope my Netflix app gets supported again.