AMD Athlon 64 Freezing bug resolved.

Never happened to me, same CPU as yours... Can u tell me/us how this bug behaves? I mean, does it randomly freeze the system? how often does it happen?

london-boy said:
Never happened to me, same CPU as yours... Can u tell me/us how this bug behaves? I mean, does it randomly freeze the system? how often does it happen?

NEVER while playing games or big applications ... always in Windows (XP) ... and ramdomly .. not too frequent at least .. but when it happens .. it's damn annoying .. the comp freeze like 10-15sec or even more you turn crazy and poof ! it's ok again.. the computer might freeze .. 3-4-5-6-7 times /week ? never calculated .. btw even 1 time / month it's too much.

Just hope that Asus will update my Bios SOON .. prolly with Asus .. well i hope.

RainZ

AMD reckon this is a rare bug that would only happen if you code in assembler, and no high level compiler would do this. You've probably got some other problem that is causing lockups.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
AMD reckon this is a rare bug that would only happen if you code in assembler, and no high level compiler would do this. You've probably got some other problem that is causing lockups.

I searched on many sites/forums .. this is the bug.

EDIT: and i received an email from AMD 2 months ago about that .. and they said " we are working on this ".

RainZ

Back