AMD Adrenalin 2019 drivers

Discussion in 'Tools and Software' started by eastmen, Dec 15, 2018.

1. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

Lightman likes this.
  2. hoom

Veteran

Something thats really been bothering me with AMD drivers recently is that they're leaving multi-gigabytes of old driver install packages clogging up the System drive.

In the system drive /AMD folder we have a folder for each driver, then even more within the /Packages/Drivers folder.
    If you don't go & manually delete them every few months you wind up wasting tens of GB on System drive which is very problematic for those of us with relatively small SSDs.

I doubt many people even know this is happening let alone regularly cleaning out old versions.
    AMD really needs to either clean up all but the previous edition Packages automatically or give an option in the installer to delete older versions.

3. Davros

Legend

Does disk cleanup get rid of them ?
    ccleaner has an option remove old Nvidia install files, if ran on an AMD system if may have an option for old AMD files
    At least AMD drivers are half the size of Nvidia drivers

4. pharma

Veteran Regular

I used to have the same problem with Nvidia drivers. One remedy is using DDU (display driver uninistaller) which does a pretty good joke cleaning the registry and removing package related stuff from your drive. Most tech review sites have it available in the download section or you can get from the official DDU website.