Amazon sold out of PS3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoardBonobo

My hat is white(ish)!
Veteran
Apparently Amazon have sold their complete stock of PS3s amd that has been enough to push the included copy of Resident Evil into the number one position in its top five film charts beating event the DVD sales. That would seem to idicate alot of stock got shifted after the price drop...

Or Amazons DVD sales aren't very good.

What?

Here's the PS3 page:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-60GB-PlayStation-3/dp/B0009VXAM0

Nothing about sold out, you can add it to your cart and proceed to checkout without any sold out notification.

Here's the DVD chart:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/dvd/ref=sv_d_2/102-9466549-1992946

Resident Evil Blu-ray is #15; the best-selling Blu-ray is 300, at #7. Which, I must add, is a very good position. The first HD-DVD in the list, again 300, is at #11.

Is this one of those newfangled thingies called "journalism" where as long the message is right, it doesn't need to contain any truthful bits, in the information theory sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct. It was sold out this morning, and there were some restocking attempt. But I think it's out now (To ship on 24th July). The free bundled movie was as high as #3 (I didn't catch it at #1 though).

There are also posts that say PS3 is sold out in some Sony Style, Circuit City and Walmart stores too. In any case, we will know the numbers soon.

EDIT: Actually it was sold out once or twice last week too, but they restocked it quickly. This time, they have to wait until 24th according to some people who tried.

EDIT 2: Ok, I see that they have replenished their stock again. Good work ! :LOL: Sony seems to have free automatic inventory report via the fora.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, they have stock. I was mislead into to thinking that they wouldn't have stock stock till next week. Still a very good growth spurt!!

well its not really a surprise since they have the best deal.

No tax for most, free shipping, free blu-ray remote, and an additional BD movie not including the normal 5. Sony scared a lot of people into buying the 60gbs with the threat of the price jumping right back up, especially around the coming holiday, and a number of people are buying them for the 100% backward compatability thats now not a standard thing.

Good deals can sell consoles out pretty quickly, look at the Microcenter Premium 360 deal around Christmas or when Dell had a Premium 360 bundle with Gears of War for free. Its a quick way to sell your stock.

This is probably something best discussed in the general sales format of one of the associated NPD threads when those numbers eventually come out, rather than as a standalone topic dealing with one retailer exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back