Alone in the Dark

Carnby’s body shows his injuries, and particularly heavy damage causes his eyesight to blur, requiring a click-in of a stick to clear. It’s an interesting piece of design, even if it does force players to go blind at the moment they need their vision the most. It’s used well during the opening sequence, however, in which Carnby wakes up, eyes glazed from being drugged or beaten, and requiring frequent presses to see what’s going on.

I am for sure ready for this game!!

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9171&Itemid=2

Man! This second tech demo is super cool, but also makes the difficulty very dependent on your skill level, like how naturally u can control objects when facing enemies.
The deforming door was superb! That is what pumped me up the most, somehow!:cool:

Too bad , that the ps3 version will be coming later :cry: !

Maybe, phill joining Atari will help them get it faster !:LOL:

I am not saying it is realistic, I am saying it's "Superb!" - meaning it excited me and I would love that to be in game, wherein someone is firing bullets on the other side and I see the door deforming from my side with the sound of metallic bangshots .That would really tighten the atmosphere, wouldn't it !

I know that can be scripted, but it sparked interest if different people get scared by experiencing different moments like these.

:cool:

I wonder how the Wii and PS2 versions of this game will fare......probably a couple of partners in crime again *rolls eyes*

The door was artistic license. And we know there's plenty of that in games and movies! Shooting a bottle of lighter fluid isn't going to cause a huge explosion. Nether is shooting up a car, or crashing one into the side of the road. And sound effects...well! All these media are over-the-top, and probably the better for it in most people's opinion.

I wonder how the Wii and PS2 versions of this game will fare......probably a couple of partners in crime again *rolls eyes*

I think they are a completely different version of the game. The wii screenshot they showed looked *scary*:LOL: I hope they don't show that too much!
but, yes , the controls would be fun on the Wii, I guess, if they can swing objects by swinging the wiimote.

Eurogamer Hands-On

On the strength of these opening chapters, Alone In The Dark is shaping up to be one of the most compelling single-player experiences of the year. Strong narrative, gorgeous graphics and hugely flexible gameplay, constrained by highly scripted progression, put us in mind of last year's BioShock, and the comparison is not undeserved. Any fan of action-adventure or survival-horror should be mulling a pre-order for this one as its release date approaches. Meanwhile, we'll be keeping our fingers crossed that the full game can live up to what we've seen so far.

Excellent! This one is fairly high on my "interested" list, if only for nostalgia's sake.

Edit: 20 June? Didn't realise it was that close :O

VoodooExtreme has some new screenshots and the reason for PS3-version's delay:

In terms of why it's coming out later, we have the full game running on PS3 and all the features, no problem. The thing is it's not performing as well on PS3 as we hope it is in terms of frame rate and all that. We didn't want it to come out and have less of an experience for the PS3 gamer. We wanted to tweak that up and make sure they get the best experience on PS3 as much as possible.

And it's out in PAL-land. I'm waiting for some reviews and impressions before picking up, so if anyone's got it, please pipe in.

I can't wait for this game. It looks like it cranks up player interactivity with the environment. That alone is going to make it worth a play. I'm a little concerned over the PS3 issues.

hm... will there be a demo? I'd love to try out the gameplay bits they were so enthusiastic to discuss in those videos.

Back