All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2022 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Ocean ended up being number 14. The Switch and Steam might be the main reason Persona 5 is number 7 last month.

Too lazy to make an NPD thread, so I'll just quote this.

NSW would have gotten Persona 5 to 9th or 10th (it's between Bayonetta [9] and Mario Kart [11] for NSW). PC pushed it from 9th or 10th up to 7th. PS sales for it are likely a rounding error by this point unless there was a hugely discounted sale for it on PS.

Also, it's doubtful that Elden Ring will be able to hold onto the top spot with how well COD: MW2 is selling, but I'm hoping it can manage to hold onto the top spot for 2022.

And Minecraft still charting...

Regards,
SB

Not to leave Canadians out I guess

The deal begins online on November 16th at 9pm ET and November 17th in-store. Considering the current-gen console is celebrating its second anniversary this month, that’s a pretty solid discount. Notably, this is $70 in direct savings on the console itself; there isn’t a free game thrown in like the same Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle Nintendo has offered for the last several Black Fridays.

The Series S is the most entry-level current-gen box, supporting all of the same games as its more powerful sister console, the $599 Series X, at the same frame rates but at a lower resolution. The only other difference is that the Series S lacks a disc drive, so it can only play digital media. And hey, with this price drop, the Series S is only slightly more than PlayStation’s $269 DualSense Edge controller. Best Buy will also offer the Series S at a discount, although it will cost slightly more than Walmart at $319.99.

I wonder how many series s consoles MS has for this quarter. This could be a monster seller . In the states some of the deals have it as low as half the price of the digital ps5

This week's Famitsu numbers

Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

Switch OLED Model – 58,171 (2,981,234)
PlayStation 5 – 25,665 (1,821,703)
Switch Lite – 25,050 (4,930,097)
Switch – 14,321 (18,838,867)
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 3,051 (286,936)
Xbox Series S – 487 (212,265)
Xbox Series X – 261 (167,267)
PlayStation 4 – 138 (7,820,338)
New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 32 (1,189,151)

Healthy numbers for the Switch and PlayStation. Hopefully Xbox has not run out of steam in Japan because those numbers are abysmal.

This week's Famitsu numbers

Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

Switch OLED Model – 58,171 (2,981,234)
PlayStation 5 – 25,665 (1,821,703)
Switch Lite – 25,050 (4,930,097)
Switch – 14,321 (18,838,867)
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 3,051 (286,936)
Xbox Series S – 487 (212,265)
Xbox Series X – 261 (167,267)
PlayStation 4 – 138 (7,820,338)
New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 32 (1,189,151)

Healthy numbers for the Switch and PlayStation. Hopefully Xbox has not run out of steam in Japan because those numbers are abysmal.
Will have to see if any of the new releases spark interest. I think the next big week for them will be starfield launch even though it wont be as big as it is in the west

We have heard that the chip shortage is actually slowing down, especially in GPUs — GPU supply is there. Is that true for you as well? Is that what you’re experiencing as you try to have inventory for the holiday season?
We are seeing supply strengthen for us, and demand has not really weakened. All along, while we focused a lot on the supply chain during those first two years of the console generation for us, demand has never been higher for us on Xbox. If we go back to the original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, we’re selling more consoles than we have ever sold at this point in a generation.
A lot of the discussion, because of COVID-19 and other things, has been on global supply chain and supply. Clearly, if we had more supply, we could meet more demand. I would say our stock situation has been driven as much by demand as it has been supply. That demand doesn’t really seem to be slowing down much. The fact that we’re starting to see more supply come in is why I said you’re still going to see X vacate the shelves pretty quickly. We are definitely seeing supply ease up. I suspect as we get into 2023, touch wood, you will see consoles on the shelf when you walk in the store.

Going to be a monster of a year with the series s so cheap

Apparently very successful marketing for the series s in mexico and central american coutnries causing it to sell out almost instantly from the start of the marketing

To put that into context in terms of market reach (how much of the available buying population is buying the product) the PS5 is doing relatively worse in China than the XBS consolers are doing in Japan. IE - it's reaching a smaller percentage of the Chinese market than Xbox is the Japanese market.

Of course that all needs context as well since consoles don't sell well in China period (Xbox is likely selling even worse than PlayStation in China) as console sales are absolutely dwarfed by PC sales which in turn are dwarfed by mobile sales.

Regards,
SB

To put that into context in terms of market reach (how much of the available buying population is buying the product) the PS5 is doing relatively worse in China than the XBS consolers are doing in Japan. IE - it's reaching a smaller percentage of the Chinese market than Xbox is the Japanese market.

Of course that all needs context as well since consoles don't sell well in China period (Xbox is likely selling even worse than PlayStation in China) as console sales are absolutely dwarfed by PC sales which in turn are dwarfed by mobile sales.

Regards,
SB

A market of 7 millions consoles is not bad, I think they don't care if the gaming market is much bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back