all Norwegians: anyone from northern Norway here?

Nappe1

lp0 On Fire!
Veteran
From Hammerfest, Alta, Lakselv, Karasjok or Honningsvåg?

I and few my friends are "dropping by" to Honningsvåg - Nordkapp area on the night between satuday and sunday and it seems that we will have few hours (3 or 4 hours) free at Honningsvåg in the middle of the night.

(yeah, I know, sounds crazy, but trust me, you don't want to hear the schedule of rest of the trip. ;) It sounds more like public land transportation record try than a free time trip to lapland.)

EDIT: ooops wrong days. ;)

Nappe1 said:
From Hammerfest, Alta, Lakselv, Karasjok or Honningsvåg?

I and few my friends are "dropping by" to Honningsvåg - Nordkapp area on the night between friday and saturday and it seems that we will have few hours (3 or 4 hours) free at Honningsvåg in the middle of the night.

(yeah, I know, sounds crazy, but trust me, you don't want to hear the schedule of rest of the trip. ;) It sounds more like public land transportation record try than a free time trip to lapland.)

If the public transportation record thing gets out of hand, you could "drop by" Trondheim :)
Think there are at least a few lurkers of these forums in and around Trondheim, myself included.

Have a nice trip anyway, I hear the weather is fantastic up there nowadays!

With regards
Kjetil

well, after I have seen the Nordkapp, I have seen all towns and major places from Vardö / Kirkenes all way down to Moirana, so mid and south norway comes next. :)

In any case, here's our little trip major "specs" (if you can say so ;))
- 3500 kilometers
- in 90 Hours (includes stay on locations. Start on Friday at 18:00 from Kotka, back at Kotka in tuesday around 12:00)
- 24 hours at Saariselkä area mid lapland.
- transportation: long distance bus lines (70%) and railways (30%)
- Cost: 230 Euros (includes travel tickets and one night in hotel.)

I think this will be hard to beat without taking flights. :)

Back