After all these years Le mans on DC is still graphically...

SegaR&D

Newcomer
..one of the most impressive racers out there

bg41.jpg

bg06.jpg

lemans_1206_screen017.jpg

lemans_1206_screen021.jpg

lemans_1206_screen015.jpg

lemans_1206_screen005.jpg

lemans_1206_screen007.jpg

PGR2[XBOX] COMPARISON

pgr_screen013.jpg

pgr_screen003.jpg

pgr_screen002.jpg

What's with you always posting sega stuff dude? get over it already, they are not the company they once were.

From behind they all look the same.
Screenshots from sparse tracks with little roadside detail, and cars viewed from behind (as they are for the most time during racing) from relatively far behind.
But if you zoom even little closer, like that 2nd Le Mans pic, you can clearly see DC Le Mans is closer to PSOne graphics than PS2 and xbox ;)

as much as i loved Dreamcast, i wasnt overlly impressed with Le Mans.
dropping it to 30fps killed it for me. sorry to say. i cant deal with 30fps racers.

We had the bi-monthly PS2 can do Bump Mapping, we had the PS2's disc drives are nothing but malfunctions, logicaly the Dreamcast's Test Drive Le Mans 24 can do 5M polygons with everything turned on couldn't be far away. It was just a matter of time.

The engine did some nice work with the lighting and shadows among some of the impressive features. Design goes further than specs to make graphics look good, though. Overall, I felt F355 Challenge found the best mix at 60 fps.

F355-open1.jpg

F355-open3.jpg

bg15.jpg

bg24.jpg

bg05.jpg

bg04.jpg

bg04.jpg

bg08.jpg

Vysez said:
We had the bi-monthly PS2 can do Bump Mapping, we had the PS2's disc drives are nothing but malfunctions, logicaly the Dreamcast's Test Drive Le Mans 24 can do 5M polygons with everything turned on couldn't be far away. It was just a matter of time.

Which has already turned into the fortnightly Sega Nostalgia Thread, with pics from the Ferrari game to prove it's more realistic than GT4 thread.

It's a cycle you see. The Matrix has reloaded.

(By the way, just to stay on topic, posting pictures is usually to prove something, and this only proves that TODAY this game looks like crap, the fact that i can count 8 polygons on that car tyre thing doesn't help)

From behind they all look the same.
but when they turn around and you see their face! damn you WILL see the difference.

F355 is true, one of the best racers i played, even if it wasn't so pretty in the gfx department.

MSR was also a letdown for me. overhyped piece of 25fps race crapper

I've never seen two that look the same from behind.

I have to play in first person mode anyway. After trying first person, I couldn't go back to third person.

Ok, sorry l-b :oops:
Be glad I didn't post piccies of my ass saying DC Le Mans looks like my ass.
Actually my ass is like DC Le Mans, smooth and still in guite good shape, but it's starting to show it's age. Also it's does not go as fast as the newer ones (like l-b's I'm sure).

You could say my ass is like Dreamcast, pale in colour... smooth lines, but it doesn't have very large userbase any more. But those who have decided to keep it love it.
London-boy's ass on the other hand is like PS2, tanned colour, fast and has a huge userbase (I politely hesitate adding the fact that it's not the "new kid on the block" either anymore :oops: )

now who has the big fat old black XBOX ass over here :)
i'm a PSP ass kind of guy. nice firm and muscled 8)

Back