Advice for low end PC

im not too clued up on htt but is that the same as fsb ? does going from 200htt to 420htt mean you got over 100% overclock ?

For the HTT its a over 100% overclock. This was just to find out the max HTT. To overclock the CPU the multiplier is set by the CPU speed you get like the 3800+ X2 has a multi of 10X so the speed at default HTT is 2gig 10 X 200HTT AMD locks the multi upward like look at the 3800+ X2 thats at 2 gig speeds. Its default multi is 10 but you can't set the multi higher then that but can set lower then 10. The only way to overclock the CPU is to raise the HTT speed so it the default multi is 10 and you ara able to set the HTT to 220 then you rget 10 X 220HTT with a speed of 2.2gig now.

The test I did is to find the max HTT speed of the mother board so to do that you lower the multi to 5 so you don't reach the CPU max overclock speed so the CPU will not limit your test and lower the memory divider so the memory don't hit its max and hold you up there. Most AM2 motherboards that overclock well only get around 330HTT max stable.

so it the default multi is 10 and you ara able to set the HTT to 220 then you get 10 X 220HTT with a speed of 2.2gig now.

T.

so htt is like fsb fsb*multiplyer = cpu speed + htt * multiplyer = cpu speed

so when you set your htt to 420 your cpu speed was 420*10 = 4.2ghz (x2 8000) or was the 420 a typo and you mean 220*10 ???

You might take a look at this Gigabyte mother board.
GIGABYTE GA-MA69G-S3H
Its about $89 US so I don't know the price in Euros. Its a solid and very good overclocking mother board that is a full ATX and not mATX. This is the best of the 690G boards out there.

Or the (slightly cheaper) mATX version which features VGA, DVI, HDMI, and tv outputs, the GA-MA69GM-S2H.

I've been debating between these two boards lately as the basis for a potential (cheap) AMD build until I can afford a solid AM2+ or even 1207+ build.

so htt is like fsb fsb*multiplyer = cpu speed + htt * multiplyer = cpu speed

so when you set your htt to 420 your cpu speed was 420*10 = 4.2ghz (x2 8000) or was the 420 a typo and you mean 220*10 ???

The max HTT I was able to get on that mother board was 420HTT. Just look at the pic I posted. And yes the HTT is like FSB for calculating the speed of the CPU with the multi. The is no way to run the CPU at 420HTT with a 10 multi because the Athlon64 X2's are capped around 3gig to 3.3gig and only with high end cooling or supper cooling (cooling below 0C).

For overclocking it is essential to get a good motherboard as the motherboard more and more is the major limiting factor to overclocks followed by the CPU, RAM and PSU in my experience.

Of course if you get an absolute dog of a CPU then nothing can help but on the lower end AMD and especially Intel models they all seem to be overclocking way above their normal clockspeed. Even going from 1.86GHz to 2.4GHz is a massive performance advantage.

Back