Adventures in Shopping for a 4K HDR TV *spawn*

I am going to upgrade to 4k TV soon for the coming of this baby (and also getting a Pro). :)

What time to be alive.
You are in for a treat. Got a Samsung ks8000 (7000 for us , Europeans) and the games on the pro look much better on it than on a 1080p despite general opinion. In fact I wasn't expecting such a big difference .

You are in for a treat. Got a Samsung ks8000 (7000 for us , Europeans) and the games on the pro look much better on it than on a 1080p despite general opinion. In fact I wasn't expecting such a big difference .

I am actually going to pull the trigger on it, it's on sale at Costco right now for unless than $1500 with extra year warranty.

edit: for 65in version

Last edited:
I am actually going to pull the trigger on it, it's on sale at Costco right now for unless than $1500 with extra year warranty.

That's really cheap. Wtf. I should toss my whole gaming PC setup and OG Xbox one. Hit Scorpio and 4K TV. It's not a terribly bad idea. It does keep me out of dev work slightly. Not sure how good my MacBook Pro will handle it. And not fun to code on a smaller screen. But unsure if those days are over for me

more 4k games are coming to Scorpio so you might enjoy it to the fullest. Ralph Fulton, Playground Games CEO, has said that Forza Horizon 3 is going to run at 4k60 fps on Scorpio. I wonder how are they going to pull that off.

This video shows how the graphics card Scorpio is probably based on, the RX480 (in OC mode for this video) manages to run the game at almost 50 fps in 4k resolution, but that's a very powerful PC. I'd rather prefer slightly less detail and 4k60 fps all the time.

Google translator didn't work for some reason, but this gets the job done.

From Eurogamer Czech republic;

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/.../2016-12-09-forza-horizon-3-a-project-scorpio

And areajugones:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...-correra-en-scorpio-a-4k-y-60-fps-como-en-pc/

This video shows how the graphics card Scorpio is probably based on, the RX480 (in OC mode for this video) manages to run the game at almost 50 fps in 4k resolution, but that's a very powerful PC. I'd rather prefer slightly less detail and 4k60 fps all the time.
uh that video looks like it's being rendered at barely 720p.

I wish, somebody, somewhere would build a high-quality 4K HDR TV that isn't enormous. It's not for the living room, it's for gaming/TV tucked into my little man-corner. At the moment I have a 32" set in there, could probably fit a 40" at the most, and there's bugger all that's any good. Samsung make a set but the HDR is terrible.

Back