Activision/Vivendi leave ESA, won't attend E3

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Asher, May 3, 2008.

1. Asher

Regular

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190307.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews

Fair use excerpt:
    Pretty big news, but what does it mean?

2. slider

Veteran

I guess it means different things for different people.

Forum dwellers may not get caught up in the "pre-launch-hype" for a game as much as they used to. But reviews can counteract that.

General public? With the right advertising I don't think this will affect perceptions... perceptibly.

3. mister slim

Newcomer

Why would they leave the ESA though? Presumably they'll still use the ESRB, but I think Activision has benefited from the ESA's lobbying and free speech lawsuits.

4. Pozer

Regular

Using ESP and my personal experience this is probably just a case of 2 old rich guys mad at each other. One of whom is off is rocker probably because a female in his house is driving him insane. When this troubled person gets slapped down by his colleagues everything will readjust properly and these two companies will realize they need this relationship and life will go on. I see this crap everyday in the private sector.