ACTIVISION proves they are most evil: hires Ollie North to evangelize for Black Ops2.

Discussion in 'Politics & Ethics of Technology' started by Grall, May 3, 2012.

1. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Jesus fucking christ, that they're paying that lying-ass dog war criminal, it's beyond offensive.

I swear I will NEVER buy another EA game. EVER.

Fuck them!

*Edit: I've realized now that EA doesn't actually make Black Ops 2. Oops! lol. My bad!

#1 Grall, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  2. Davros

Legend

A bit more info would be nice

EA shutting down Rock Band iOS game - Even if you own it.
    [​IMG]

Today...
    EA: Rock Band iOS to remain alive, closure message sent in error
    EA’s confirmed it won’t kill Rock Band iOS after users were sent a message that said the game would come to an end at the end of this month.

Users reported the game would come to an end on May 31.

“Dear Rockers, On May 31, Rock Band will no longer be playable on your device. Thank for rocking out with us,” read the full message.

EA has now come out and confirmed that isn’t the case, insisting the message was sent out in error.

My theory: They did a u-turn because of the bad publicity

3. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

I read this news blurb at Kotaku <--click the invisible link - just after having read about what you posted regarding Rock Band, and my mind immediately jumped to the conclusion EA was at it again.

Sorry, that was a mistake, the CoD series is of course published by Activision (which I should have realized immediately myself, even though I've never actually played any of those games), which is headed by the thrice-damned son of Satan himself, Bobby Kotick.

This puts me in a bit of an ethical bind here, because Activision also owns roughly 50% of Blizzard Entertainment. I leave it up to you guys to draw the logical conclusions of why that is the case...

4. I.S.T.

Veteran

Given how much bullshit is being announced about... once every two weeks or so about Diablo 3, I'd say Blizzard was infected long, long ago.

5. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

I believe you should move to monastery and forsake all contact with anything produced by a large corporation. You need to apply your standards equally.

6. Davros

Legend

woah, I dont think any industry pulls the kind of crap the software industry pulls.

7. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Religion is a tool of corruption as well... :( (Not to mention, indoctrination, ignorance and fear, but that's another topic.)

Yeah, I really should. I know this. ...But I've been waiting for D3 for more than half a decade already, gnignignigniieeeee.... (That's a sound of extreme frustration btw, to anyone who did not realize. :))

Fuck Viendi for selling out to Activision, not that they themselves probably are much better, if any, really. Wonder why the original parent company of Blizzard sold them off. Hope they've been kicking themselves ever since.

8. AlphaWolf

Legend

They all do. People at this forum just tend to care about the others less. Also the software industry more often gets caught at it because of their users generally being more technically inclined and informed.

Personally I think the food industry is by far the most evil.

9. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Chem corps are the worst, because they sit in the position of doing the most damage - by far.

Remember Union Carbide, anyone?
    Quick mental refresher: ~12,000 people killed, and 550,000 injured from the poison gas leak at their plant in Bhopal, India, back in the 80s. Add PCB, DDT, endochrine disruptors used industry-wide in all kinds of plastics, flame retardants in furniture, carpets, fabrics, all kinds of consumer goods and so on.

Ticking timebomb of epic proportions this stuff is.

#9 Grall, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  10. AlphaWolf

Legend

You think chemicals have the potential do more damage than food? I'm going to have to disagree.

11. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Food comes from many sources the world over and has no ability to harm any substantial portion of humanity - even when considering such incidents as the melamine scandals in China for example - while toxic chemicals are compounding in our bodies continuously due to us sitting on top of the food chain.

12. AlphaWolf

Legend

Look at it this way, food companies are selling you chemicals (and lying about what they are) that you are expected to ingest.

13. Rangers

Legend

I hope the thread title is a joke. Obama is 500,000X times the war criminal Ollie North was.

Pretty funny, but not surprising the OP Didn't have his most basic facts straight either.

14. Rangers

Legend

I think we should just turn everything over to the govt. Obviously these evil corporations cant handle it.

I mean isn't that the point of these 10 billion internet posts everyday? Just do it already.

15. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

Food and drug companies gets my vote for being most evil. Software is nothing compared to those.

16. I.S.T.

Veteran

Food, drug and chemical companies tend to be the overall most evils ones, though credit goes to anyone who uses Foxconn and Foxxconn themselves for trying so hard to win the most evil company award!

17. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

When it comes to far eastern manufacturing I'm sure the textile industry beats Foxconn by a landslide, particularly outside of China, where conditions are even worse. Every now and then you hear of dozens of people who have burned to death in sweatshop fires where the doors were locked and windows barred to prevent workers from not working, or as happened some months ago, where many workers collapsed from chemical gases and exhaustion, and some even died I believe. I can't remember where that was, Bangladesh or maybe Pakistan.

18. snarfbot

Newcomer

bp is pretty bad, maybe marginally worse than activision.

if activision could make money by destroying the environment they probably would though.

19. itsmydamnation

Regular

no they dont.

20. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Care to elaborate on that?