Accelero Twin Turbo for 4870: My Review

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Shtal, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Shtal

Veteran

2. thatdude90210

Regular

The best thing about the stock fan and heatsink is that it dumps hot air out of the case. And there's quite a bit of hot air that comes out the back. It's very warm, hot even, to the touch. For aftermarket coolers, all that hot air goes inside the case so you better have a very good case fan setup.

I run my stock fan at 28%, which I can barely hear. And it's about 49 idle and mid 70's for games. Even when O/C to the limit of what CC allows and it's still pretty much the same.

I've not had much luck with the latest ATI tray tool or Riva tuner to control the fan. I can't get Riva tuner to automatically control the fan, and ATT periodically disables powerplay in my system (core clock stays at 750 in 2D sometimes).

3. Shtal

Veteran

I have default Antec 900 case + added 2 extra case fans!

I should be OK :D