Abandoned

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
It IS nuts. That means they meticulously preplanned this in every detail (the apps with 5 downloads? A fake PSN profile with 1234 trophies and trophies on games that dont exist? The smart use of logo and fonts? A studio registered specific dates in a specific place? Placeholder employees? Plus more) and managed to even get a slot for an app to watch real time demos of a game that looks mediocre.

These guys pulled off the craziest marketing stunt that surpasses that of even Kojima himself. A studio that barely has anything to prove itself to gain special treatment by Sony to have fake games in their PSN ID with 1234 trophies and a highlight that other indie devs never got.
Or maybe this guy in the video just works at the Kojima satellite studio.

Looks like they want to ride the coattails of Capcom's recent effort, Resident Evil Village. I'd like to think that's not officially a part of the series. But hey. It is! :p

This will be a good thermometer to humanity reaction to the eventual reveal of the extra terrestrial visitors.
Many of the connections are just coincidences and he was mining for them in the video so I wouldnt take them as anything. .
Some though may actually be clues.
We will find out soon and I wish it is really a horror game or even SHs by Kojima.

I stopped interest in this rumors when turns out trailer was using some tree pack from asset shop. Can't belive Kojima would be involved in such a cheap approach.
Thats the point of the trailer. The devs if I remember said that it doesnt represent the actual game at all.
Everything seems deliberate to communicate a very cheap, low budget indie game by nobodies. Which coincidentally Geoff has some special interest in, it will have it's own app on PS5 etc.
Its like they hastily pieced together some generic graphics just to make a trailer and throw it out whilst the real thing is unrelated.

Thats the point of the trailer. The devs if I remember said that it doesnt represent the actual game at all.
Everything seems deliberate to communicate a very cheap, low budget indie game by nobodies. Which coincidentally Geoff has some special interest in, it will have it's own app on PS5 etc.
Its like they hastily pieced together some generic graphics just to make a trailer and throw it out whilst the real thing is unrelated.
nah, its just bs marketing and cheap trailer is just what this studio is capable to do imho ;)

nah, its just bs marketing and cheap trailer is just what this studio is capable to do imho ;)
Then the very curious question is.....why did Sony even bother to give them a slot for native real time app on the PS5 since they suck so much.
I mean......did they just go to Sony and asked for it and Sony just said "yes why not"?

Then the very curious question is.....why did Sony even bother to give them a slot for native real time app on the PS5 since they suck so much.
I mean......did they just go to Sony and asked for it and Sony just said "yes why not"?
sony also approved Life of black tiger ;)

sony also approved Life of black tiger ;)
Crap games get the green light often. Black Tiger is an outlier of super crap. A real time app for a special announcement of a crap game is a first in general, not just for crap games.
But who knows? Maybe they did it again. The question is how do you even get an approval as a small studio to have such a special treatment from Sony?
And why does Geoff even care and have special communication with him?
And how did they get approval from Sony to have non-existing games under their PSN IDs.
Only through Sony or maybe a PS Dev kit they can?
This marketing thing goes beyond their sole marketing efforts.
Maybe we will get surprised beyond measure about how crap this game really is by a bad studio. Maybe not. We will see.

Reactions: snc
They're being really silent... about Silent Hill. :D

Even the Resident Evil games don't get as much curiosity. Then again, maybe they do. However, Capcom generally releases new ones every year now. Whether that's these first person sequels, or the average remakes. So it's not like we are "starved" of the franchise.

But yeah. Silent Hill has been dormant for way too long.

Lol at the end of the countdown, that Hasan guy just tweeted a video saying they're delaying the app until August.

Why the hell did they launch a countdown yesterday, then waited until the end of the countdown to say the countdown was pointless from the start?

If this was fake all along, these guys have the worst communication skills I've ever seen.

What did anyone expect given what happened recently, *ahem*. At this point it's clear the two are closely tied together. You can't prove it otherwise.

Lol at the end of the countdown, that Hasan guy just tweeted a video saying they're delaying the app until August.

Why the hell did they launch a countdown yesterday, then waited until the end of the countdown to say the countdown was pointless from the start?

If this was fake all along, these guys have the worst communication skills I've ever seen.

Marketing 1 o 1. Bad news is good news.

Back