Abandoned

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
As far as Silent Hill goes...

Well, Konami has acknowledged the franchise sometimes. They also said ages ago that they have key projects in development. I really don't know what they are. But I hope it's Silent Hill related. :)

This whole thing, and the very questionable history of failed projects and broken promises this studio seems to have just makes it look like a business looking for funds at various points in time, getting that funding, and then failing to deliver. I’d never invest in a business like this and Abandoned just seems like the latest effort in getting quite a lot of publicity and therefore cash, with nothing to show for it.

The most hilarious thing is that they’ve done all this while also copying fonts and designs from Sony (the studio logo and design) and Konami (the SH/MSG fonts which fuelled the whole conspiracy even more). They couldn’t even come up with their own designs!
I am curious about one thing though....was the logo they have now the same as when they started or at least earlier than PS Studios logo?
The PS Studios logo appeared in May 2020 if I recall.

Isn't possible to looks the files of the teaser to try to identify which engine it uses and if there's traces of Kojima Productions?

Also, can anyone here say if this is "real" footage of 3D graphics?

What got me was when he said he didn't know if it's a Silent Hill game. Surely he should know what his own game is. Sounds like they're moving goal posts here...

Or he actually doesn't know because he's not part of the project.

Or he doesn't know because there actually isn't a project.

...and he's just playing along with the joke.

Again, if this is actually a real project and Kojima is actually involved, it's the absolute worst PR ever.

While there's a lot of people that would love a "real" Silent Hill type game, it's this sort of desperation that allows jokes and hoaxes like this to proliferate so profusely. Again, assuming this isn't actually a real project that's actually going to release. :p

If this isn't real (and god I hope it isn't because if this is real PR for a real game, then the PR is a royal shitshow) then I wonder if this will supplant Half-Life 3 memes? :p

Regards,
SB

Its like the universe conspired to give us the greatest coincidences so we would connect the game with Kojima :LOL:

Isn't possible to looks the files of the teaser to try to identify which engine it uses and if there's traces of Kojima Productions?

Also, can anyone here say if this is "real" footage of 3D graphics?

Is this meant to be a game engine, I think its a real video

Nothing absolutely makes sense.
They are probably big ass scammers. Still it drives me nuts how his name translates to Hideo all by "coincidence", plus the so many other coincidences plus how Sony gave them such a special treatment.
@snc that doesnt make sense either. They are outsourcing to a studio that is bigger and more expensive than them?
Indeed where do they get the funds? How do they still exist?

It makes you wonder....are they still enjoying the free marketing from fan detective work?

It makes you wonder....are they still enjoying the free marketing from fan detective work?
Well the incredible thing is that free marketing is all well and good when you have a product to sell. So far, this whole thing just looks like a huge exercise in vapourware.

Well the incredible thing is that free marketing is all well and good when you have a product to sell. So far, this whole thing just looks like a huge exercise in vapourware.

Perhaps because Abandoned isn't a game, but a guerrilla marketing campaign for something else.

Nothing absolutely makes sense.
They are probably big ass scammers. Still it drives me nuts how his name translates to Hideo all by "coincidence", plus the so many other coincidences plus how Sony gave them such a special treatment.
@snc that doesnt make sense either. They are outsourcing to a studio that is bigger and more expensive than them?
Indeed where do they get the funds? How do they still exist?
It needs to be said that Nuare's participation in Abandoned isn't up to question here.

You can confirm that this guy is in fact Nuare's founder:

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/leo-enin
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/leopardsnow

David Jaffe's logic is sound. Nuare is a very expensive and very successful support studio, and they're mostly known for producing assets for AAA games.
There's no reason why a 2-man team who did this (and failed):

would ever get the millions in funding to not only hire Nuare but also get their founder to vouch for them, become one of the first studios to adopt Unreal Engine 5 and be the first studio to ever to develop, certify and launch a "preview app" on PSN.

would ever get the millions in funding to not only hire Nuare but also get their founder to vouch for them, become one of the first studios to adopt Unreal Engine 5 and be the first studio to ever to develop, certify and launch a "preview app" on PSN.
Sometimes it doesn't take much to convince a more naïve investor with smoke and mirrors to give them some money for a project. I don't really see any other possibility here.

Last edited:
Back