A versus thread the doesn't have to be closed!

cthellis42

Hoopy Frood
Legend
...because it's merely calling attention to a new segment on GameTrailers.com, where they start pitting some games head-to-head. You can vote on each of the segments, and the videos give a pretty good breakdown of the games, and don't seem to be angling to favor one over another.

Looks like it has some meat to it. And heck, if nothing else it's just a great thing to watch to get enticed with a few games' play. ^_^

Thats interesting. But the comparison is a bit unfair between good PS3 games and 360 games in general. Less own a PS3 than a 360.

I don't see how that segment is unfair. They show the 2 games at the same time and you vote right there.
People that own only one game can vote eas well. I voted too and I own none of them (GoW got the most votes from me btw but thats irrelevant) but since more people own and can own GoW, while less own and can own Resistence its obvious that there is more experience out there from gamers regarding GoW so votes will lean even more towards GoW than they would have otherwise

very good presentation , i gave vehicles and multiplayer to resistance and the rest of categories to Gears.

It's not about the "fairness" or the voting, excepting that you can break it down for yourself personally. Yes, people will tend to vote for the platform they own and the games they own, but the segment is useful for its' presentation--not debating everyone's votes.

It's not about the "fairness" or the voting, excepting that you can break it down for yourself personally. Yes, people will tend to vote for the platform they own and the games they own, but the segment is useful for its' presentation--not debating everyone's votes.

Thats has nothing to do with my personal opinion or biasness in people's opinions. I voted for GoW anyways despite that I know less people own Resistence. I didnt even try to imply that people prefer their own console over others. Thats irrelevant.

Less than a million can get game A. More than 7 million can experience B.

forget which game is on what console and imagine that both games exist on one console. Assume only 360 exists in the market and that one game cant be found while the other one has enough quantities for everyone to get in every store and in every country.

I think the VS thread between exclusive games on two different consoles will be better after some time. Currently it is "unfinished" from a userbase perspective.

I am not trying to make a fuss out of it and I am only refering to how it is now. I love the VS feature and its a welcome addition which should be fun to vote in later when the new generation of consoles matures. ;)

For now its like an experiment

I don't see how that segment is unfair. They show the 2 games at the same time and you vote right there.
Unless you own/have played both games, then it wouldn't be fair. Otherwise, this will only apply to the US & Japan, as they have had the opportunity to play both games. Plus how can you vote one or the other, when you haven't experienced the other game, for comparisons sake? That's the whole point of the "VS" segment, isn't it?

Anyways, I think it's a cool idea, especially when they break it down like that, but perhaps it's a little early to really see any fair results. With that said, I'm holding off my vote until March, when the PS3 finally arrives on our Kiwi shores -- barring any more delays!

If I had to play the games to vote, what would be the point of showing the footage? :rolleyes:
For side by side comparison, maybe? Not many people have the luxury of having both games running simultaneously at home! Plus the vid wasn't really that indepth. They said that Resistance had so many guns, but never bothered to show each one, and how they operated. Trying to avoid spoilers maybe? Dunno. My point was that it's hard for someone like myself to go and score those two games when I've played neither. I can always go by what others have said on the 'net, but that wouldn't really be fair or my own opinion -- it'll just be based on what those around me think of the games.

For example, who would you give the multiplayer award to if you haven't experienced either? Or if you've ever gone online with Gears? Your favourite console? :rolleyes:

IHMO, voting on which game looks better is entirely useless. In reality you'll always have lots of people who rather vote on brand loyality rather than hard facts. Moreover, lots of people can't even distinguish certain graphical features even if they would jump right into their face. So in my opinion the usefulness of the feature lies entirely in the comparison itself -REMINDER: the footage has to be chosen fairly!!!-, i.e. in the end you'll have to decide for yourself which looks better to you. The voting part is just plainly idiotic.

Back