A Ti4600 owner...even more confused...

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Yannis, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Yannis

Newcomer

Hi,

having a Ti4600, it lets me play all my games at 1280x1024x768 without AA or AF. I was expecting GFFX to let me do this. However the reviews are pretty disappointing and it's noise is extremely annoying (tom's mp3).
    My other solution would be the 9700Pro which I tested and I had many driver issues with games (mouse lags, z-buffer errors etc). I admit it I didn't test it with a clean install but in any case I was expecting a lot more. Personally I couldn't understand how can ATI be considered better with so many problems.

So right now, I dont see any card fitting my needs. Any ideas or comments?

Yannis

2. THe_KELRaTH

Regular

9700Pro - Fresh Install.. uptodate drivers, decent CPU/Mobo.

3. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

what games - mouse lag is fixable?

z-buffer errors - again what games? Morrowind isnt z-buffer aparently but TCL errors and fixed in next driver.

based on gfFX being dearer and not much better perfromance wise, if at all with 4xAA/8xAf and obviously still having driver issues then working through a 9700 or 9700Pro's issues seems to be the best bet.

I only have a few issues with the 9700Pro (shadows in Mafia and Op Flash which are also fixed in next drivers as its the same TCL issue) so I recommend it as a card.