A New low! SCEI Claims 1 byte = 1 float for CELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaigaip039.jpg

So CELL attains 256 GFLOPS operating on bytes???

Or 64 GFLOPS on 4-byte floats???

My god, these people are utterly shameless...

In a 16 byte wide register, SCEI is claiming they can fit 16 floats and compute them in parallel, hence 256 GFLOPS(CELL does run at 1 Ghz in reality). Must be some kind of vertex compression used.

Of course no CPU engineer is going to accept this kind of KutaragiFLOPâ„¢ definition, CELL is a 64 GFLOPS max device operating at 1 Ghz according to traditional definition of a CPU.

AutomatedMech said:
kaigaip039.jpg

So CELL attains 256 GFLOPS operating on bytes???

Or 64 GFLOPS on 4-byte floats???

My god, these people are utterly shameless...

In a 16 byte wide register, SCEI is claiming they can fit 16 floats and compute them in parallel, hence 256 GFLOPS(CELL does run at 1 Ghz in reality). Must be some kind of vertex compression used.

Of course no CPU engineer is going to accept this kind of KutaragiFLOPâ„¢ definition, CELL is a 64 GFLOPS max device operating at 1 Ghz according to traditional definition of a CPU.

you are intel's engineer ? :)

You are a dumbass atleast read what you posted outstanding does not mean parallel it can put up to sixteen requests in que per SPE. It only is possible to do two things at once and I'm not sure about how that works.

version said:
you are intel's engineer ? :)

He's Deadmeat. He's an anti-CELL / anti-SONY troll, who comes from a bizarro dimension, where logic and math have no meaning.

Just don't mind him, he'll go away.

Careful all you ladies and gentleman answering to the undead one. It was barely comprehensible, but now it seems to have finally lost its grip totally.

(To Mods: Oh sorry! sorry! please don't ban me! *whimper*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back