A fix for Valve CEG games causing BSOD on Bulldozer -issue

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
Reviewers and users having had trouble running Deus ex: HR and Shogun2 with AMD FX series processors, I have good news for you!

The Stilt said:
I recently found a solution for the issue causing BSOD on systems using AMD Bulldozer CPU.
While I will not go into the specifics but the issue was not hardware related.

Read the rest and get modified bios at:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...lve-CEG-games-causing-BSOD-on-Bulldozer-issue

All credit to The Stilt.

Now let´s hope he posts more information as to the nature of the fix and maybe eventually we will get also some kind of benchmark scores from those games that previously didn´t run.

And nobody has responded... I think literally nobody in the universe has bought a Bulldozer.

Yes, Bulldozer is the first AMD CPU I haven't bought in years! I mean since Duron!!! Other than that I had all of them :smile:.

BD has it's nice points and is definitely interesting, but I'm getting older and have less time to waste tweaking everything to get good performance when it matters. But the biggest issue from my POV was power usage @4.5+ GHz (the speed needed to somewhat match my 1090T @4GHz in games/apps I'm using).

Well it is a good sign. Bad products don't sell.... I know you were talking about amd but still... I would be very curious to know what is the feeling at amd about BD.

He's referring to Steamworks, or whatever it's called, I have to assume. IE, Valve's DRM/community integration. Or something. If it's not that then I've got no idea. :D

Newest BIOS for my MOBO resolved the issue for me!

I downloaded the newest bios (Released a couple of days ago) for my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 1.1) and I am now able to play all of the Steamworks games that were causing poor performance and/or crashes.

Back