53.03 official?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by digitalwanderer, Dec 9, 2003.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Gainward! Dang it, I couldn't remember that one for the life of me, thanks! :)

Me wonders what happens next, I'm still on a wondering streak on this:

:|

2. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

"If you read the pdf release notes on the drivers page you will find the TNT-1 is still being supported and coded for with the latest 53.03 drivers... When was the last time ATi updated their Rage/Mach series drivers???"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    being an owned of a tnt1, i and say that the pdf is rubbish! iirc the newest det.'s that would install without "work" on my end were the 30's. also, if you look at nVidias site, go to the drivers page, click on graphics and you'll see "geforce and tnt2". there's even a listing for riva128, but there is no mention of the original tnt.
    c:

3. CorwinB

Regular

Rubbish documentation coming out of Nvidia ? You don't say ?

Of course, I would guess that the TNT part of the "unified drivers" ("unified" meaning a lot of different things in NV-language) has not been updated in years (except to remove the cheats from that period in order to save room for more modern cheats)...

4. see colon

Veteran

a friend's sisters's tnt2 (64bit!) can use recent drivers fine. although, i'm pretty sure she hasn't tried any det50's
    c:

5. tamattack

Newcomer

I've tried 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s on my TNT1 and GF2MX on an old K6-2 computer, and the only the 20s work. 30s or newer will install on the GF2MX (but not on the TNT1) but crash whenever any 3D app starts.

6. see colon

Veteran

it could be the 20's that were the newest i tried. it's been a while, and i have to use very old vender specific drivers to get my tv-out to work anyway. and in my case, they are very old drivers, my tnt was built by stb.
    c:

7. Tim Murray

Tim Murray the Windom Earle of mobile SOCs
    Veteran

I might have spoken too soon. I just compared the control panel AF, and it was COMPLETELY different. Actually, it looks like a quality increase... maybe a more trilinear-y brilinear?

8. radar1200gs

Regular

I know of a TNT-1 in a friends system that runs the 53.03's just fine.

In addition to the cards I mentioned in my previous post, I can verify performance on the following cards - GF2 Pro, GF2 MX 200, GF2 MX 400, Integrated GF4 MX (nForce2), TNT-2. Thats just within immediate family. If I take my clients into account also, I could verify the drivers on just about any nVidia model you cared to name other than Quadro's.

9. giga_dude

Newcomer

this is truly getting old :roll:

guess what? I wrote a 2-page letter to nvidia (which they might, or might NOT read) informing them of how their recent shortcomings has convinced me to pick ATi instead of Nvidia in my next upgrade..........

man, it sucks when you spend $500 and you don't get what you pay for.....oh well, at least my mobo/cpu/memory/raid 0 combo rocks......4 out of 5 ain't that bad.......

BTW, my letter was more elegant, professionally written and "spell-checked"

:D