* * 3dMark05 Partner, but no review by B3D == busy or unsure

g__day

Regular
Kinda interesting. I supposed Dave had this penned a month ago. Yes getting hitched slows ya down some, but I wondered - is the delay in B3D reviewing 3DM05 a telling sign? How much longer must we wait?

I am not sure, after reading Dave and Reverend's comments, that relations between FM and B3D can be considered as partners relations.

Isn't the true test whether they use figures from 3D Mark 05 in B3D card reviews and not whether they actually review the software (which, after all, is only a benchmarking tool) ?

Dave's doing the 3DMark05 write-up but we're waiting for FM to help clear up some questions we have.

Ever since we got the gold version (before 3DMark05 was publicly launched), Dave asked me to do the write-up actually (because he'd been out of the loop and didn't have the time due to his marriage), and I agreed, but I had to back out because I didn't have the time.

It is actually, they rate the product and list the pros and cons. In other words: they give their opinion and experience with the product.

While they use some info from the whitepaper, they've at least corrected the 6-seamonster mistake in it, and they also give extra information about how they did the tests (with DST enabled for example), and post background info like reactions of NVIDIA and ATi and such things.

Taa, welcome back Dave, I'd love to hear your impressions of how 3DM05 scales with CPU capability - did Futuremark get this bit right and how dependent are our scores today on CPU speed?

I get about 4700 on a 2.3GHz AthlonXP with a 6800GT (stock speed 66.72 driver Win2K) - I was curious how my scores would be with a slightly slower processor or a Athlon64 3800.

Is my CPU limiting my graphic card and if so by how much potential performance?

Back