3Dlabs Wildcat

Discussion in 'Beyond3D News' started by Dave Baumann, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

I mentioned a while ago I may be able to gain temporary access to a 3Dlabs Wildcat card. Well, its now been confirmed and I’m popping down to the 3Dlabs UK office on Monday to have the card installed and meet a few of the people there.

My primary interest in the card is its Super-Scene FSAA abilities and that’s I’ll probably be focusing on. However, if there’s anything you’d particularly like to know about or see on the high end workstation renderer then pop a comment below or the aforementioned forum thread and we’ll see what we can do.

2. demalion

Veteran

If possible, perhaps you could take many screen shots at easily reproducible points in some popular games...if they'll run with the OpenGL drivers? They could used for comparison and contrast to the consumer "top dogs" in certain situations. Serious Sam, if it can run under the Wildcat's OpenGL driver, would be interesting...so would Quake III and color mip levels for trilinear and anisotropic settings. Maybe the drivers even have LOD bias settings that could be examined.

Just some extra work for you, if feasible...you don't need any sleep, right? ;)

Oh, and I am also very interested in the SuperScene...in the months before the 8500 was released, it was striking how much SmoothVision sounded like a tweaked version of SuperScene.

3. 3dcgi

Veteran Subscriber

It will definitely be good to have an article detailing 3dlab's SSAA. So far I've never seen any information more detailed that 3dlabs own site.