3D Mark2001SE results on Kyro2

bystander

Regular
I got 1874 3D Marks with my Duron 800 & 64 MB 3D Prophet 4500. I used the default settings.

A definite improvement on my last score (which I've forgotten but know it was worse than that though).

They certainly fixed the bugs in the lobby tests and game demo tests. However the vertex shader test flickers like mad on my PC, and the high poly test doesn't look right either, as it seems to only render parts of some of the objects alternately. (Well that's what it seems like to me).

Also can anyone tell me why the front page for the advanced pixel shader test looks so... rushed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bystander on 2002-02-12 23:25 ]</font>

My score improved but only by around 300 marks. Most disappointed.

I don't know the weightings but that Nature test being skipped must hamper your overall 3D mark.

On 2002-02-13 10:11, PVR_Extremist wrote:
Does it work for u? I had the same problems reported in this thread on my hercules prophet 4500 TvOut. Any ideas? :smile:

ciao,
Marco

On 2002-02-13 10:30, nAo wrote:
On 2002-02-13 10:11, PVR_Extremist wrote:
Does it work for u? I had the same problems reported in this thread on my hercules prophet 4500 TvOut. Any ideas? :smile:

ciao,
Marco

If you mean the strange front screen on the APS test then yes I noticed that too.

All else works fine and looks good...even the demo.

I got a score of 2774, which I think is very nice. Here are my computer's specs:

AMD Thunderbird 1400MHz
Soltek SL-75KAV bundkort
2 x 256MB Crucial PC-133 SDRAM
Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 64MB
Videologic SonicFury

I score 3106 3Dmark with 3DM2001SE.

AMD 1.47(overclocked from 1.33)
ABIT KT7A
2x256 Generic PC-133 SDRAM
Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 64MB w/TVOUT
SBLIVE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RaolinDarksbane on 2002-02-14 20:59 ]</font>

Im'just really happy they fixed the visual problems on my KyroII. The way the high detail lobby runs now gives me good hope for the way this year's games will run on my system.

The fact that this test runs almost twice as fast because HSR works properly now is nice too :smile:

OK, here's a solution to fix the high poly test and vertex shader problems.

This is from the old beyond3d board:

http://www.beyond3d.com/messageview...highlight_key=y&amp;keyword1=new kyro drivers

The important bit:

Ticking "Enable Depth/Stencil Buffer Storing" and Enable Depth/Stencil Buffer Loading" fixes the bug, the problem is the test is actually faster when it render's everything (rather then enabling those options) so enabling these options doesn't actually help performance at all (infact it makes it worse) it just makes it all look right. However once the 3dmark2001 patch is out these two options won't be needed for the test to look right and the speed of this test will be doubled or even tripled (depending on your processor of course).

Also I noticed that ticking those two options also fixes the small problem with see through shadows in the high detail Car Chase test, but again its a little slower with these options on, this problem will also be fixed in the new 3dmark2001 patch and this test will also be faster with the new patch.

Note I haven't actually tried this, but it should work. Teasy said so :p . (It's his post)

OK, here's a solution to fix the high poly test and vertex shader problems.

Actually that solution is to fix the Z loss problems in the high detail tests in 3dmark2001 (most noticable case being high detail lobby test). This is all already fixed in SE though so its no longer needed. I haven't tried SE with Kyro yet, so I haven't seen this poly test and vertex shader test problem and so haven't had a chance to see if any setting fix it.

Note I haven't actually tried this, but it should work. Teasy said so . (It's his post)

LOL, I thought I recognised that quote as I was reading it.. yep it does indeed work.. AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE.... BECAUSE TEASY SAID SO!!!! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Teasy on 2002-02-15 01:35 ]</font>

Well, having seen a Kyro II in action, those scores are still baloney for the cards real performance.

I can swing 10k 3dmk1 on my Radeon (9x190 cpu and 325/325 for the Radeon) and my card is definitely *not* 3 times faster than a kyro. Boo to Madonion for not fixing this bug.

Mize

My mistake.

Anyway the vertex and high poly test problem is the same one in 3DMark2001 non-SE for the most part (the same thing I reported on the old Beyond3D board). As in I'm damn sure I had that problem before on 3DMark2001. (Though I can't remember if DX8.1 fixed that).

So does anyone have any ideas as to what the bug is?

On 2002-02-15 05:36, Mize wrote:
Well, having seen a Kyro II in action, those scores are still baloney for the cards real performance.

I can swing 10k 3dmk1 on my Radeon (9x190 cpu and 325/325 for the Radeon) and my card is definitely *not* 3 times faster than a kyro. Boo to Madonion for not fixing this bug.

Mize
You mean, "Fixing that Kyro cards would gain extra points, just because they are Kyro?" ;) Hehe.. We fixed all the reported issues, and due to those, the Kyro cards get a bit better score with SE. I tried to tell some people a long time ago that the update won't do miracles! We just adressed the visual issues and some other smallish ones that made the scenes look odd with the Kyro hardware.

You all _should_ be aware that we can't optimize our renderers for any specific hardware! I know some companies that do it, but we mustn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: worm[MadOnion.com] on 2002-02-15 10:43 ]</font>

On 2002-02-15 11:08, bystander wrote:
Worm,

do you know what the problem is with the high poly test and vertex shader test on the Kyro2?
Well, AFAIK it should work 100% in those tetst aswell! I have seen/got only 2 or 3 complaints about the high poly (&amp; low poly) and the vertex shader tests. We are investigating.. Let's hope there is some fix for it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: worm[MadOnion.com] on 2002-02-15 11:12 ]</font>

Those scores sound about right to me. They are close to what I get with my V5 6000. I wouldn't expect your Kyro2's to get much more or less than me, since they would both be CPU limited in 3DMark2001 SE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Colourless on 2002-02-15 14:39 ]</font>

I should have been more specific. Currently the High Poly test (the dragon thing with 1 or 8 lights) can have missing geometry/flickering. This should be fixed in the next driver release (15.xx). The vertex shader test seems to have a "twitch", it seem to jump back in time and occasionally show an older frame. This should also be fixed in the next driver release (15.xx).

I have tested both scenes today and they were wroking as expected (crosses fingers).

Indeed, very good news. Kyro 2 can now run 3DMark2001 as it was intended (well as soon as the drivers come out. :smile:

Back