3870 BIOS update

JHine5588

Newcomer
I wasn't sure where to put this so here it goes...

Basically I'm running crossfire on 2 3870's. They are both powercolors however one is a model #AX3870 512MD3-PH and the other is an AX3870 512MD3. The PH has a newer BIOS and the ZeroTherm cooler.

My question is should I update the BIOS on the other card? The non PH is running the .070 while the PH is running the .079. Would I gain any performance with both of these cards on the same BIOS? I would guess not as I have the one with the older BIOS overclocked to match the clocks on the newer one. I would still like to know if it would be worth taking the chance of making a paper weight out of the thing... Thanks.

Jeremy

Ditto that. Unless you've got a solid reason to upgrade, don't tempt fate. What's that old cliche? If it's not broken, don't fix it? ;) I don't always adhere to that logic, mind you, but unless you're going for uber-overclocks or otherwise, I just don't see the purpose.

Well unfortunately I can't adjust the clock on that older card passed 800. I was running 850 with the other card solid. It would be nice to get that little extra out of it but it's not worth bricking the card IMHO.

Jeremy

Back