360: Turok!

mckmas8808 said:
Looks like the other UE 3.0 games. Hope it looks better in motion.
yeah its kinda odd, not that i dislike ue3.0 (i love it infact), but its kinda wierd when 5-6 games all look the exact same. almost like the old quake engine. like mentioned before, this doesnt even feel like turok imo.

Looks so-so.They shouldn't have UE3-type of characters in a Turok game though.Oh and the Dinos look worse than KK360.

Farcry.... anyone?

Thats what it reminds me of so far. And theres something the UE3 does to lighting that sorta doesnt fit quite right in realistic environments.

with the exception of the dinosaurs i think it looks great - the environments especially look rich and full imo

The dinosaurs just don't quite seem to fit - i think their skin textures look a little low res mainly.

but then this game isn't out till next year, those sort of things might improve. Definately interested if it brings the game back to the n64 roots like they claim.

Bad_Boy said:
yeah its kinda odd, not that i dislike ue3.0 (i love it infact), but its kinda wierd when 5-6 games all look the exact same. almost like the old quake engine. like mentioned before, this doesnt even feel like turok imo.

And the sad part is it doesn't have to look the same. BIA3 doesn't look like every other UE 3.0 game.

My favourite part of Turok 1 was the huge, insanely powerful weapons you got at the end of the game that you had to charge for ten seconds but blew up everything on the screen when you fired them. More games need weapons like that.

Uhh.. yeah. I was getting sick and tired of hearing everybody say 'All these UE3 games look the same' when there was like 3 of them.

Now there's like twenty of them (or so it seems) and I have to agree.

What the hell is up with the art direction in these games? I can't believe it's the UE3 thats forcing these games to all look the same. It's that the art direction is all the same, and it's not exactly realistic either.. so I don't see how that can be used as an excuse.

Every game looks harsh, "hard", "straight" and futuristic. They really need to "soften" things up a bit and pull back from this singular idea of what the future is supposed to look like.

This thing about all UE3 games looking the same is pretty dumb IMO, Too Human, Brothers In Arms, Rainbow 6, these games are all UE3 and could not look more different.

Ok, well how many UE3 games are there (or are in the works that we have screens of), and how many of them look the same?

Like I said, I used to agree with your sentiment, but this game seriously looks just like a dozen other games I've seen screenshots of.. only this one has Dinosaurs in it.

scooby_dooby said:
This thing about all UE3 games looking the same is pretty dumb IMO, Too Human, Brothers In Arms, Rainbow 6, these games are all UE3 and could not look more different.
Like mckmas8808 said, thats the problem. BIA and Rainbow 6 are the only ones who really have their own style where it doesnt look like a UE3 game when you first look at them. So it proves THEY CAN look different, the question is, why the other games DONT look different.

edit:
RancidLunchmeat said:
Ok, well how many UE3 games are there (or are in the works that we have screens of), and how many of them look the same?
I would say:

ut2k7
gears of war
turok
stranglehold
too human
huxley

they dont LOOK the same, as you could easily point out the differences and say thats ut2k7 or that is turok, but they all FEEL the same. and as much as i love the unreal engine 3.0, i just hope that if there are any more ue3 games, that they atleast have their own style like BIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back