[360, PS3] Dead Rising 2

Nice. How do you make Dead Rising 2 better then 1?? Put that sucker in Vegas. Color me sold. DR1 was tons of fun!

excellant this is my number 1 game to play on the xbox360. its not available on the pc also, so it will have to be the xbox

Dead Rising 2
Debut Trailer
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-274885.aspx
dead3eg2.jpg

dead4dj9.jpg

Can't wait for this one! Looks like they're going more for realism than the cartoony look of the original. That's good and bad. As long as they've fixed some of the gameplay issues I had with the first and don't mess anything else up, it'll be a winner.

Not sure if Dead Rising 2 should have its own thread but hell I dont care,

anyway the new lead character in D.R 2 is called Chuck Greene :LOL: classic name

LINK

Its Chuck Norris. He changed his surname so zombies will dare approach and train his fists upon them.

Otherwise the game would have been finished before you even started

LOL!

I really hated the controls of the first game - it's what kept me from buying it. I hope this game has better controls because over the top zombie slaying is freakin sweet!

lawn mower was so awesome. :D

But yeah, I hope they can fix the controls and the godawful save system. Those were the only two things that I really freaking hated. The hostage A.I. was crappy too though..

classically bad but I love it
duel chainsaws lol

the wheelchair reminds me of bubba hotep, now that would be cool, If your character was elvis in a glittery jumpsuit I'ld buy a xbox360 just to play the game in a sec

I was wondering if one could attach chainsaws to both sides of that wheelchair in addition to the guns. :D

I do hope there is something serious to the game though. While I can appreciate the hilarity of it... it might just get old, a bit too played out.

I just hope they fix the mission structure and dramatically improve the path finding for the "survivors". Otherwise I could maim zombies all day.

If they fix the controls and save system (and perhaps lower the difficulty of the boss fights) this will be an amazing game. A proper zombie game, even moreso than L4D.

It also looks great considering the open world environments and ridiculous number of zombies onscreen.

They also are doing stuff like procedural destruction of zombies, where say if u swing a katana at one they'll be sliced realistically depending on the point of contact. I have always wanted a game like that, without precanned dismemberment.

No Dead Rising 2 talk? I downloaded case zero and am having a play...so impressions:

Graphics - they look to have stood still, in places the textures look like a PS2 game! But having said that there are loads more zombies so it's a price I'm prepared to pay. There are places where things slowed right down (usually where there was smoke)...but overall it's looks OK tho I do fear for the PS3 version suffering a lazy port as I have mine pre-ordered on PS3.

Gameplay - much of the same as DR1, you can combine things now - so nails + baseball bat = bloodbath! (and love the sound effects on the special kill for that weapon!). It does remind me of what jarred so much on the first game tho - the loading screens! It wouldn't be so bad but there's a bit where you go on a rooftop - pick up a few things and go back inside - 2 loads required for a 1-2 min play, then you can be outside the building for ages with no loading. Also theres the gameplay bits where you're not quite sure what to do - the shop keeper is on a van surrounded by zombies - I shout nothing, I ended up having to climb the van and talk to him, then kill all the nearby zombies, then go back onto the van to talk to him again to get him to run to his shop. Whilst there he was taking ages to open the shop...I was killing loads of zombies but eventually died...I think I had to talk to him at the door of his shop...but I don't know?

So, I need to play again, but overall I think I'll enjoy it - at least theres more save slots and you can skip the cinematics in this one, but I can't help but pray rockstar are working on an open world zombie game...

tho I do fear for the PS3 version suffering a lazy port as I have mine pre-ordered on PS3.

Why could it not be a fillrate, bandwidth, or memory problem with the PS3 version instead of it being a "lazy port"?

I'm lookin for any kind of technical discussion here on this game, since I heard there are some differences between the versions, but I seem to be missing it. I'm interested to see what the more informed people here think of the differences between the versions and the reasoning behind them.

Why could it not be a fillrate, bandwidth, or memory problem with the PS3 version instead of it being a "lazy port"?

Maybe vertex perfomance. IIRC devs said DR had high use of vertices in the range of 4-5m frame. Might have been peak but the sum of all objects and characters is the cause for those numbers. I would think Xenos with unified sahders would be far more cappable to handle those loads while additionally handling the rest of graphic tasks even if Cell needs to help out RSX 'weak' vertex perfomance.

Back