[360, PS3] Aliens vs Predator

HD Trailer

I haven't played a good version since the Atari Jaguar days... :oops:

The PC AvP made by Rebellion is my favorite FPS game of all times... Let's keep our fingers crossed...

AvP2 on the other hand was one of the biggest gaming disappointments I ever had (even downloaded the demo with my 56k modem :) )...

I had a go at this a couple of months back and came away feeling less than impressed. I didn't really get much time on it (10 mins or so) but visually it wasn't very appealing. Kind of muddy looking and the framerate didn't really hold up.

This was on the PS3 though, so hopefully it'll run better on the 360.

The PC AvP made by Rebellion is my favorite FPS game of all times... Let's keep our fingers crossed...

AvP2 on the other hand was one of the biggest gaming disappointments I ever had (even downloaded the demo with my 56k modem :) )...

Agreed, but AvP2 wasn't bad in that it made it slightly easier for the masses to pick up and enjoy the game. That said, the first AvP was the better of the two...

But still, neither of them holds a candle to the original Aliens Doom mod (with regards to using atmosphere to scare someone). ;) Still the only game with a level with absolutely ZERO enemies that made a whole room of people watching me, jump out of their chairs...with NO enemies. :D

Regards,
SB

The second AvP was a much more carefully-crafted game, it was Monolith riding off their NOLF high, when they were definitely at their best; I'm still not convinced that Rebellion has ever made an actually good game, which makes me extremely wary of this one.

I only played demo of AVP2 but found first AVP to better. It looked better while IIRC AVP2 had this cartoony look vs AVP. Also the aliens moved more natural and truthworthy to movies in first AVP moving smartly over all surfaces.

But AVp was a techical showcase aswell as a good nerve bitting game.

Not tooooo impressed with MP. I want an SP demo ASAP :devilish: The survival mode would have been nice too. :/ I don't think many care too much about competitive MP for this game. Oh well.

sp demo would be much nicer as it was main reason why game was so popular. But MP is solid good but not great, nice feeling when playing as a marine. Survival mode with 4 players coop would be blast im sure.

I really enjoyed the mp of this game as once you get used to the controls for all 3 of the character classes.The game is simply a blast to play..The finishing death kills for the Aliens and Predators is pretty badass to do.Graphics aren't the best but the atmosphere and mood of the game is pretty much spot-on..

PSN version takes a horrifically long time to find a game :(

Apparently there are problems with the PC version too.

Yes the wait times to get connected is atrocious with PC version though they might patch it soon.

Might want to check if there is a patch for PS3 version becouse PC got one less than an hour ago via Steam and it fixes the match making connection problems and lag for me. :D

THe PC AvP was GREAT ! The only game that actually scared me at that time. i was afraid while turning corners cos the radio chatter would scare me well enough to not turn the corner for a few mins :LOL: ! Playing as a Marine was difficult, as Aliens and Predators obviously had an edge over the poor marine. Playing as Predator was the easiest and I went the most far as that.

The AvP 2 demo was good too, some of my friends couldn't complete :LOL: due to the scares maybe. I played it a lot of times.
This version somehow lacks the mood of those gmes in terms of visuals. Looks too Black n White and soulless. I am not even feeling like chking out the demo by watching the trailers :( ! ANyways, the demo is MP, while AvP is primarily a SP experience !

Back