[360] Monday Night Combat; multiplayer coop TPS tower defence!

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
This sounds pretty awesome, and I'm bring it to the attention of you XBLive-ers. It's tower defense with players controlling soldiers to erect towers or engage in direct combat, supporting multiplayer cooperative gaming.

9/10 from Eurogamer. I expect a full real-world review, Joshua! ;)

Yeah bought the game it's awesome it like dota fps form in a Team Fortress 2 flavor.
the game doesn't seems to have autoaim or a very slight one so coming from mw 2 it's kinda new experience.

Damn Starcraft 2 taking up my time. I'll be on this to tonight. I'll play anything that gets DOTA comparisons. Hopefully the 2 LIVE crew picks it up also!

Damn Starcraft 2 taking up my time. I'll be on this to tonight. I'll play anything that gets DOTA comparisons. Hopefully the 2 LIVE crew picks it up also!

We can rock this whenever you want buying it tonight...ummm...now actually marketplace.xbox.com ftw.

GT has lots of vids. This is the official trailer

[gt]702767[/gt]

I think the Tower Assault description isn't particularly accurate viewing this and other gameplay vids. It's more like a TPS with multiple turrets, then waves of monsters travelling paths of turrets with a few avatars contributing.

I can say the assassin is unplayable for me.
Too much lag and framerate problems when fighting up close especially end game phase.

Sharing is caring!

As for the game itself, the key is teamwork coupled with button and map micro. If you simply play it as another fps, you'll likely find yourself losing often. Knowing when to use your skills, upgrading turrets, spawing creeps and timing pushes can make the game seem easy against people who play it as it's another Call of Duty title. All credit goes to the developers for taking a DOTA like concept and translating it this well to a controller and FPS. With a Live party, we can probably do real well.

For those scared about the DOTA references, don't worry, the learning curve isn't anywhere as difficult and the games don't last long. You'll find this much less stressful and intimidating.

9/10 from Eurogamer. I expect a full real-world review, Joshua! ;)

I have barely been home in 2 months :( Looks like it will that way through December :!: I did DL it last night, played a game, and it looks like Team Fortress 2 + Tower Defense. Very similar in concept to Toy Soldiers, but an empahsis on FPS. I need to see if it has bots and local MP (does not look like it) but the Blitz mode coop is fun. I did NOT like the way they do split screen though.

Anyhow, I wish they released this 2 months ago--why oh why do you release this 4 weeks before Reach?????

For me 4 weeks is the perfect time to play MNC esp considering I don't have any other games left (I tend to sell/trade games in while they still have value left). Once Reach hits, the flood gates open though. Reach, Fifa, Fable 3, Castlevania, Assassin's Creed and very likely some Kinect action.

I saw a few of you playing this last night, even AlStrong. Did he play the entire game or was he busy looking at the scenery and snoring?

I wish I could have joined the fun, but was/am in system maintenance hell. A few ip-ranges within The Planet hosting services are being attacked by Russian/Chinese botnets.

Al hung in well for a few hours. It's the best an Al can do! That sucks about your tech issues. Hopefully you can hop on soon.

Good game. Not what I expected at all. I thought it was a rocket-jumping unreal-style shooter. It's a very strategic game. This is a perfect clan game.

I was trying to heal people. :'[

:p

edit:

ok, it's 720p no AA >_> Anyhoo, it reminds me of... UT2003 + TF2 + dota.

Back