360 firmware update through game discs?

infinity4

Veteran
im sure microsoft can release firmware updates through game discs. it can help microsoft in some way.

how?

- will help to brick hackers' 360s who never connect to live so that they get away from security fixes, and even if they don't get games they will be limited to outdated games with old firmware update
- people without live/internet can get firmware update by just buying latest games. im not saying they buy games just to update, but surely people do want updates.

i think this worked for PSP, by forcing users to upgrade their psps

I'm not really sure why you started a thread for this. Firmware/software updates via games discs has been happening since Xbox 1.

I'm not really sure why you started a thread for this. Firmware/software updates via games discs has been happening since Xbox 1.

since i bought my 360 in may i never updated my system for months until last week, played some games but they never asked me to update or whatsoever. serious.

played games:

- Gears of War
- PES6

If you go to the 360 support site you'll see that they do not list options for firmware updates as being via games, they only state two methods: Online, via XBOX live, or CD (either download and burn or mail in).

since i bought my 360 in may i never updated my system for months until last week, played some games but they never asked me to update or whatsoever. serious.

played games:

- Gears of War
- PES6

Some updates are mandatory and invisible while others are not.

They don't really have a need to do this, unless the game is dependent on some new function of the blades, which is unlikly given how they work.

The OS is still on the disks.

I guess they could do it, but I'd be surprised.

Official Xbox Magazine demo discs offer the updates. They are usually available about 2 months after they have been officially released.

Tommy McClain

Back