300: Frank Miller's graphics novel turned movie

I know nothing about this comic. From what I've seen, Miller's stuff has been turning progressively worse and worse since Give Me Liberty and The Dark Knight Returns back in the 80s and early 90s, with some of his stuff from the past few years being utter crap. It seems to me, he's trying to do 'deep' stuff, and not succeeding very well at it.

Maybe this movie will be good, and maybe it won't. As I recall, Miller was involved in both Robocop 2 and 3, neither of which were all that much really (especially #3 *shiver*).

Maybe this movie will be good, and maybe it won't. As I recall, Miller was involved in both Robocop 2 and 3, neither of which were all that much really (especially #3 *shiver*).

IIRC, Miller's Robocop scripts were rejected. The movies would probably be a lot better if they had used Miller's scripts.

Miller's Sin City stuff is pretty great. Even my wife has read them, which means they are a lot more mainstream and accessible than his other comic book superhero stuff.

My friend bought the graphic novel a few years ago at a book fair that comes by my college every year. He was surprised when I told him that they were making a movie of it. I'm interested in seeing it as well.

Just curious but is this 300 based on the battle at Thermapoly (spelling) where the Greeks were attacked by a million Persians?

Back