3 full next-generation hardware screenshots

Vegetto-eX said:
Mr.Sparkle said:
Vegetto-eX said:
Well guys, tomorrow I will post every bit of info I have recieved ( fps, other games benched, Fillrate info, pipelines, clocks ) hope you are interested :)

If I was you,I'd tell us now because someone else might beat you to it by tomorrow. ;)

That's true..... but if I see the numbers I'll know it was my info 8) anyway 4 hours 13 minutes until midnight maybe just at midnight I'll post, but then again..... who cares?

I do,but I'll probably have to wait till tomorrow to see it,since I will have about 8-10 pints in me around the time you post the info. :D

bit late to this thread but the AA doesn't look particularly impressive to me.

The few good contrast near hoizontal edges seem to show an ordered grid like pattern (some intermediate shades only for one pixel) and also some blurring.

ut2004aa.PNG

It's doing well on diagonals but for near horizontal (and probably verticals too, can't tell there aren't any) its worse than a sparse 4xAA.

It reminds me a LOT of a high-resolution Quincunx.

It's got that kinda-blur-almost that QC added to a filter. Especially check out the tiles on back wall around the lower level vent panel (only 1 vent on the lower level visible, actually, so you should see what I mean).

You can *almost* not see the seperation between tiles at all, it's so blurry. It could, of course, be some texture filtering doing that (some REALLY CRAPPY texture filtering), but the image as a whole does look a tad on the blurry side.

Well 4x OGMSAA with blur? Hmm. Cool.
I mean nVidia cards have that mode since the GF3 :!:

It takes 9 samples.
And blurring can be free - hell Quincunx is free over 2x since the GF4.

If that's all nV can do for their next generation, then ... :( :oops:

And since it's 4x MSAA, the FPS should better be high...

Xander said:

It's got that kinda-blur-almost that QC added to a filter. Especially check out the tiles on back wall around the lower level vent panel (only 1 vent on the lower level visible, actually, so you should see what I mean).

You can *almost* not see the seperation between tiles at all, it's so blurry. It could, of course, be some texture filtering doing that (some REALLY CRAPPY texture filtering), but the image as a whole does look a tad on the blurry side.

I think we are over-analysing these shots. Personally I think they look great. A bit soft, but nowhere nearly as extreme as Quincunx. In addition the AA method seems to take care of alpha textures, AND provides 4xAA v. comparable (maybe better?) than 4x ATI FSAA (RGMS).

Hyp-X said:
I mean nVidia cards have that mode since the GF3 :!:

It takes 9 samples.
And blurring can be free - hell Quincunx is free over 2x since the GF4.

If that's all nV can do for their next generation, then ... :( :oops:

And since it's 4x MSAA, the FPS should better be high...

And still the first shot looks very good for 4xAA.

I don't believe it is 4xAA, given the number of intermediate shades it looks more like 9x/16x ordered grid (or something like 8xS maybe)

I mean nVidia cards have that mode since the GF3

The original gf256 had the same mode except in supersampling in the det 2 and det 3 series of drivers (refered to as 2x2 (9tap)) :)

In addition the AA method seems to take care of alpha textures

ut2003/4 don't have any alpha tested textures do they? It's all blends in those games and they don't show aliasing.

Bambers said:
I don't believe it is 4xAA, given the number of intermediate shades it looks more like 9x/16x ordered grid (or something like 8xS maybe)

The original gf256 had the same mode except in supersampling in the det 2 and det 3 series of drivers (refered to as 2x2 (9tap)) :)

In addition the AA method seems to take care of alpha textures

ut2003/4 don't have any alpha tested textures do they? It's all blends in those games and they don't show aliasing.

neg. I just fired up dm-rankin in ut2004 check out the spider web. it shows aliasing. how do blends work compared to alpha tested textures?

pakotlar said:
Xander said:

I think we are over-analysing these shots. Personally I think they look great. A bit soft, but nowhere nearly as extreme as Quincunx. In addition the AA method seems to take care of alpha textures, AND provides 4xAA v. comparable (maybe better?) than 4x ATI FSAA (RGMS).

I agree. It does look nice.
If the NV4x looks this good and has the power behind it
the NV40 is going to be a big hit for nvidia. Unlike the NV3x.

Bambers said:

*Cough* GF256/GF2 can't do MSAA at all, so I don't see how that would be possible... ;)

ut2003/4 don't have any alpha tested textures do they?

Sure they do... Floor grating and such for example.

Vegetto-eX said:
Well guys, tomorrow I will post every bit of info I have recieved ( fps, other games benched, Fillrate info, pipelines, clocks ) hope you are interested :)

ATI: I must confess. I'm interested.
________
Xnxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegetto-eX said:
Here are a bunch of screenshots on next-generation hardware, 4x AA & 4x AF, thus half of the card's maximum IQ quality currently exposed through its drivers. FYI, I also was the direct source of Baron's leak. Anyway, enjoy those little screenshots, and I hope you'll be as impressed as I've been...

http://vegetto.vtrbandaancha.net/

/quote]

Now this is how you make friends! :D I love you, man! <the Bombay and tonics are piling up on Friday night>

I'll say again I believe this is a Qunix still AA mode but with a higher degree of samples. Each pixel will share 4 or more samples with the nieghbouring pixels. Lets wait a couple of weeks and see if I'm right or wrong :p'

PS Don't PM me for details I have none :/

Back