3 and a half years later... only 1% battery degradation

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
526kcw4noc801.png

if image not working
it seems the 80% battery charging cap does work wonders

Battery capacity indicators aren't entirely accurate though since a battery isn't like a bottle which you fill with electricity... :p I wouldn't draw too far-reaching conclusions, honestly.

Battery capacity indicators aren't entirely accurate though since a battery isn't like a bottle which you fill with electricity... :p I wouldn't draw too far-reaching conclusions, honestly.

Surprisingly, the usage time is still the same. It stays around 3 hours. Just like when I bought it years ago

I love your reverse marketing graphs.

Look at this, the drop is negligible! (graph shows huge drop)

For some additional reference I just replaced the battery in my HTC Flyer. I bought it at Best Buy in October of 2011 as they had a sale marking them down from $500 to $300. A lot of cash but I felt a strong need for a reward for hanging on at a soul sucking job long enough to qualify for a (small) pension. Best Buy probably received the unit in May, that's when they got them, it had been stashed away in a drawer when I bought it.

It's gradually been losing its ability to hold a charge for the last two (or more) years, but I could still get a day (6-8 hours of steady use) out of it. It's just that even when shut off it would drain a lot, or when used sparingly it would drain faster than it used to. Battery is supposedly not replaceable, but with a T5 Torx screwdriver, and patience, I was able to take it apart and then deal with the delicate work of unplugging/re-plugging three delicate connectors to the battery. Pulling the case apart was less of a hassle. Lol, the how to video on this was quite good, but only when I got down to it did I notice that they used a lot of zoom, and the person doing it did not have large hands.

It was an OEM HTC battery (4000 mAh) I got from Amazon for around 20 bucks, I needed the screwdriver but I got a sweet deal on a nice set for eleven bucks.

So now I'm back to playing with my revitalized Flyer. I celebrated my success by finally buying a N-Trig pen for it. After a lot of detective work I tracked down a near exact replacement for the HTC one for it for twenty bucks. And I scored a new HTC OEM cradle for it for s$6.48, tax included. I've got an new Amazon Fire HD 8 which is more powerful, and I even put the Play Store side loader on it, but there's something neat about the Flyer. It has excellent audio, a nice balance, and HTC Sense (though it's stuck at Honeycomb being the last supported release.)

Anyway, the battery is working nice! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J7TFQC

Technically I got over six years out of the last one, though it's seen scarce use over the last couple of years. I think the battery was installed in the Flyer before May of 2011. Now I have a Moto G (original edition) and a Moto G5+ in addition to the Flyer. The Moto G and the HTC are both WiFi only. Though I bought Groove IP Pro so I have a phone number for WiFi phone calls as a backup for my cell phone. I had an Amazon HDX but the screen cracked. :(

Btw, I highly recommend Binaural Beats at the Play Store. I keep my Flyer as the player of that. It has excellent stereo speakers for a tablet, and excellent output to my headphones. Amazingly effective. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.axet.binauralbeats

P.S. I almost always used a regular charger on the Flyer, and not the fast charger it came with. I'm carrying that over to my Moto G5 even though it came with a sweet quick charger, and it's set up to charge up very quickly when using that. I think that might help longevity, keeping the battery from getting hot. I could go on and on about my revitalized Android pal ... :)

Last edited:
Not sure if you can claim that without simultaneously testing the same model without a charging cap ;)
Don't worry its already been done by others and the results back up the science

true you're free to believe what you want after all this is the age of trump and where belief and gut feeling are more important than actual data ;)

Back