24/7 live video coverage...good or bad?

MrsSkywalker

Newcomer
This war is unique in many ways, not the least of which is the live 24 hour a day in-battle coverage. There are obvious pros and cons to this style of coverage, and I was just wondering how everyone feels about it. Good or bad?

Good question. In principle I think it's a good thing for the public to be kept informed on the shortest time-scale possible.

However in this war there's either not much happening so far, or the military are being very selective about the news it's letting out. So we've ended up with 24 hours coverage and about 2-3 hours per day of actual "news". The rest is filled in by waffle and over-analysis. No doubt if the TV crews had total freedom it'd be filled with pictures of dead bodies and other sensationalisation too. So in that sense, bad.

nutball said:
No doubt if the TV crews had total freedom it'd be filled with pictures of dead bodies and other sensationalisation too. So in that sense, bad.

If you have broadband watch the following live feed of the Al-Jeezara netword http://winmedia.ish.de/al-jazeera

Youll see all the dead bodies you can stand, nutball. They are showing the blown off head of a 5 year old child. The dead bodies of the american personal who lost their lives today. Tell me after seeing that, whether or not you want to see more of it. Id rather the journalist report whats happening, without having to show the dead bodies. However after seeing some of footage, I can see how some people in the middle east can hate the US/Israel so much.

praying for a quick resolution,

Back