2014 Most anticipated Xbox One/PS4 games

Rangers

Legend
Saw this list on Youtube. Lots of really impressive true next gen graphics.

The order:

10. The Division
9. Destiny
8. MGS V: The Phantom Pain
7. Witcher 3
6. The Order 1886
5. Quantum Break
4. Infamous SS
3. Titanfall
2. Uncharted PS4
1. Halo

What a strong list when The Division and Destiny are 9/10. Watch Dogs not even on there.

If I had to quibble, maybe Quantum Break (would be ok but the weird TV series stuff nicks it imo) and definitely Infamous and The Order are too high (I'd probably switch them with Destiny/Division). But I cant disagree with Halo at #1, it's definitely #1 for me. Probably Uncharted and Halo are #1/2 depending on whether you're a Playstation or Xbox fan, so I admire those choices rather than the usual multiplatform stuff.

Some of those I dont think will make 2014 though. The Division and The Order definitely dont necessarily seem like they'll make 2014 to me.

Later this year would be a good time to get in on Xbox One, but only after a $100 price drop for me. Looking like I might wait until 2015 where a next Red Dead might come out. Finances are tighter this year than ever before with our youngest son going to college in the fall & possibly getting to adopt our older son's daughter. Just when I thought we get to relax & enjoy life, then we get to start our family all over from the beginning, but this time with a girl instead of boys. LOL Anyway, if I did go this year it would be Halo, Quantum Break, The Division, Destiny & Titanfall in that order for me. Interesting thing here is if I stay with 360, I will still get to play Destiny & Titanfall. That's provided that the next Halo is exclusive to XB1 which I think it will. I might have to start renting games this next go round.

Tommy McClain

I am probably most looking forward to FF15.....and I do NOT want to play it with english voices!

Later this year would be a good time to get in on Xbox One, but only after a $100 price drop for me. Looking like I might wait until 2015 where a next Red Dead might come out. Finances are tighter this year than ever before with our youngest son going to college in the fall & possibly getting to adopt our older son's daughter. Just when I thought we get to relax & enjoy life, then we get to start our family all over from the beginning, but this time with a girl instead of boys. LOL Anyway, if I did go this year it would be Halo, Quantum Break, The Division, Destiny & Titanfall in that order for me. Interesting thing here is if I stay with 360, I will still get to play Destiny & Titanfall. That's provided that the next Halo is exclusive to XB1 which I think it will. I might have to start renting games this next go round.

Tommy McClain
I wish you good luck, Azbat.

For me it is Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider as of now. If God and only God knows which games are coming out this year with full certainty, I don't know what are my most anticipated ones.

I am not sure which games have been confirmed to come out this year and what games won't.

Never saw the appeal of Watch Dogs, the basic premise isn't bad but so far the game play looks very boring and personally I think it will end up being a futuristic AC1 type of title - decent graphics and potential but filled with boring quest that are essentially repeats over and over....

I think Ranger's list is decent with a few exceptions the relative rankings are about where I'd place the titles.

Never saw the appeal of Watch Dogs, the basic premise isn't bad but so far the game play looks very boring and personally I think it will end up being a futuristic AC1 type of title - decent graphics and potential but filled with boring quest that are essentially repeats over and over....

I think Ranger's list is decent with a few exceptions the relative rankings are about where I'd place the titles.

I guess it depends on whether the missions are deep and varied. I get the AC1 feeling when looking at WD because Ubi hasn't really shown much in terms of missions. If the game is stocked full of missions like the original trailer, I won't mind if its sandbox is not filled with a bunch of secondary activities.

If its a bunch standard fare of traveling from point A to B then taking out some guys for a reward then it better have a really fleshed out sandbox to give me something to do when I don't want to be bother with missions

Part of me feels like WD is a manifestation of a AC game based around Desmond, which is a cause of concern because the Desmond parts weren't memorable at all. But the premise is pretty neat and the setup should allow for a pretty good game. At least Ubi delayed the game for 6-8 months which at least shows they care and really want WD to be successful (or its was horribly broken).

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you good luck, Azbat.

For me it is Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider as of now. If God and only God knows which games are coming out this year with full certainty, I don't know what are my most anticipated ones.

I am not sure which games have been confirmed to come out this year and what games won't.

Thanks! I'm sure it will turn out for the best! Anyway, I think there is enough info to know which of the big titles will be out this year. From the OP list, I would think maybe 2 at most would delay until 2015. What's going to be more fun are those unannounced titles that surprise us & get launched this year. I have a feeling we will see a couple of those. Then there are always those indie titles...

Tommy McClain

IMHO, and I hate to say this, WD 2012 art assets just looks dated now, and the hacking/spying capabilities seem not so impressive anymore.

I feel like WD would have killed if it came out at launch. Seemed like the only fresh and exciting, truly next gen game (yeah cross gen, but "felt" next gen, maybe because it is new IP).

All we got were cross gen annualized rehashes and quite weak exclusive lineups imo.

There's a reason everybody was pretty bummed when Dogs got delayed.

Not that I really wanted the game personally or anything.

Back